12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Son of Sandy Observations/ Nowcast Nov 6/7

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think in between we got nickeled and dimed to death, Will will remember better than me but I thought it was solid snow cover most of he winter with a deep snow pack after the super storm.

We had a large event in late January I believe which flipped the pattern back to cold (you might recall it was actually pretty warm in late December and early January after the Dec '92 bomb). Feb 1993 was a lot of advisory type events and a very very cold month (like -6 or -7 departure or something)...I think we had a 6" storm in there too but nothing huge except if you were on the Cape or far SE MA which got the Feb 19, 1993 norlun event. CHH got like 20" in that. A nice system for them since they were on the wrong side of the gradient most of the rest of that winter.

Then March '93 had a parade of storms. March 4-5, 1993 had a very big storm which gave BOS-ORH and northward a lot of snow (about 9-15"). further south was rain or sleet. Then a smaller event on March 8th. Then the Superstorm. But we still weren;t done with 2 more systems including a busted surprise 8" for Boston on 3/24/93.

Words can not describe...

That had to have been 18" on that table... just insanity. Your town was probably THE jackpot. Happened to me once in Dec. 1997 when most of Ct. got 2-3" but SW Ct. had a crazy band and Ridgefield pulled a 10 spot.

I was a senior in HS at the time and my buddy and I called Hilton Kadderly (sp.?) on Channel 3 with the report and he practically hung up on us. Good times... that guy was a trip.

TWRIGHT apparently you do not read any of the MA threads. You must have loved his cross trolling last night. Oh look you guys took down Phin's garbage thread but left his S**T in the MA threads. What a shock.

I wasn't on the forum last night after about 8:30pm. It's also not my job to moderate the M.A. threads, that's the job of M.A. mods. If I saw it, I would have done something, but I didn't see it.

You need to calm down a bit.

What time do they shoot the hi res shot? By 3:00 a lot of that will be gone

No it goes over before 3pm...I imagine its near noontime or so. The shot would be a lot darker than it is if they wait until 3pm. That's a pretty low sun angle this time of the year by 3pm.

Archived