Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Son of Sandy Observations/ Nowcast Nov 6/7

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still like the Nam banding site, it was pretty darn good with the banding set up. http://moe.met.fsu.edu/banding/

I was just looking at some archive images there...great minds think alike! There did seem to be some hinting yesterday morning if you look at the 12Z images.

That is a good site...I have that on my links site as well.

I woke up, turned on the tube and saw that Mendon, Mass (south and east of Worcester) was located in the heart of the jackpot 4-8" zone. I took the dogs out at 5 and there was less than 2" on the ground. Looks like we were in a small slot of greatly reduced precip.

BOX_0.png

I was just looking at some archive images there...great minds think alike! There did seem to be some hinting yesterday morning if you look at the 12Z images.

That is a good site...I have that on my links site as well.

Lose any trees the last two storms? TB lost his apple tree last night down near Westerly

I like the max in SE MA on NE flow. They always have that.

I definitely did not think JFK would get 5-7" of snow so that was frustrating, but I changed my BOS forecast to indicate possible snow by evening and at least that happened. The appreciation I got from a client will probably match a few swear words for NYC..lol, although many flights were already cancelled based on the possibility of moderate snow. Still, never did I think 6 or 7" down there. These early season events are a PITA.

My last forecast for the storm (36 hours out) was great...

if you moved everything 50-75 miles southeast. Not so good for the briefings I gave, although I tried to highlight the concerns about QPF and reach of the dynamics as much as possible. It's funny that things went to town for BOX, while precip struggled to make it into GYX, and it all had to do with that band of forcing.

Yeah we need proof, Especially when some have been suspected of slant sticking totals..............lol

lol, Its early Nov, No since in sucking on an exhaust pipe this early, Congrats to the folks that got whacked, I am sure most everyone knows how to measure there snow if they follow NWS procedures, Its not that difficult

Cold front you aren't on ignore either, but lets be serious.. You weren't joking around

Actually i was that's why i had the lol in there, Also gave congrats to everyone that saw snow down your way, But this board seems to take that as sarcasm i guess

C'mon really? That would be the day i would be going to check if someone measured right, Not that i would really care, Really what is there to gain by it? I am sure you know how to measure, Although there are some towns that have had there totals in question down in CT and i am not saying it yours just to be clear..........smile.png

lmaosmiley.gif

good lord...people have too much time on their hands

Haha but let's be honest, we've all gone on weenie drives to neighboring towns if they get crushed...who hasn't gone out driving to look for more snow, especially early in the season?

How many times have we heard..."I just took a drive to X-location to see and they are getting hammered or got hammered."

Well it gets a little scary when you have people driving to your house from other towns to check your snowfall amounts. I mean wtf? Lines need to drawn somewhere

That's a little excessive. There's plenty of supporting evidence and if anyone looks as the radar echos they can clearly see that there was a narrow band along I-84 that supports the fact that some areas within a few miles were going to have widely different amounts. When I left this morning I had 7.7" at my house and I knew that areas to east had more. By the time I got to the center of Somers, there was 3-4" tops and that's only a 3-4 miles as the crow flies from my house.

Wow - the lengths that people will go to. It's snow people, snow.

That's a little excessive. There's plenty of supporting evidence and if anyone looks as the radar echos they can clearly see that there was a narrow band along I-84 that supports the fact that some areas within a few miles were going to have widely different amounts. When I left this morning I had 7.7" at my house and I knew that areas to east had more. By the time I got to the center of Somers, there was 3-4" tops and that's only a 3-4 miles as the crow flies from my house.

Wow - the lengths that people will go to. It's snow people, snow.

He exaggerated, see what you are doing Kevin.

Archived