• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Son of Sandy Observations/ Nowcast Nov 6/7

Baroclinic Zone

The questioning of snowfall reports is frankly STUPID. IMO it turns this forum into nothing more than a chat session. I can get that anywhere. Common-Man!

?

I think it's a matter of (some) people trying to discern the truth. Exaggerated totals do more harm than good to understanding the weather dynamic of a given system. When a someone posts to NWS storm report page a snowfall total that no one around them came even close to receiving there is a legitimate reason to question it. Dig?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

?

I think it's a matter of (some) people trying to discern the truth. Exaggerated totals do more harm than good to understanding the weather dynamic of a given system. When a someone posts to NWS storm report page a snowfall total that no one around them came even close to receiving there is a legitimate reason to question it. Dig?

That's my opinion as well. I like CT Blizz and think he is a cool weather fan as well but I'd like to see pics of this snowfall and then I'll offer my apologies and stand corrected.

Union had 9.5" so anything in the 7-10" range for Tolland is not unrealistic.

I finished with 6.5" at home.

Hey will, I'm trying to keep track of the totals at home and school this year. (Schools easy: 0.0) I heard reports of 7" in shrewsbury, but if you had 6.5" do you think that's accurate? I'll probably go with 6.5" I think.

i got about 2.5 yesterday and i'm ecstatic.

this storm trended colder and colder all week and i'm thrilled that many on the board got see at least flakes, esp scott.

like how will call'd that band from kev to him last nite per kev's comments....tolland was sitting under some impressive returns (just N of 84) a good part of the nite

i'm glad kev got bomb'd much more so than the most weeniest forecast call'd for

and the poster in shelton,ct or the met in SW ct, looks like they took the cake with 12-15.

I cant help but feel that in storms like these forecasters make the mistake of letting climo effect snow fall accum's when model'd temps on say a euro show it's plenty cold. we didn't know where banding would set up , but outside of a met or two i didn't hear anyone call for 10 inches in jackpots and we did better than that

Wow, you got screwed...must have missed it by literally a few miles. I bet Holden and weenie ridge in Princeton got a few inches.

Yeah, the side of Rte 2 in the Westminster area near the former Simplex building (1400' I think?) looked like 2-3".

Subdude I think had 2,5"

Not sure what WaWa claimed

Better luck next time I guess

There may have been 1/2" at some point here. There was some sleet this morning, I slept through much of it though.

frostymelt.gif

I had 1.25" on the roof of the car a little more than an hour ago, drove up to the top of woodhill road and there was at least 2" on the grass and slush covered roads. Quite a range in town

Archived