northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Son of Sandy Observations/ Nowcast Nov 6/7

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which free radar sites are typically the best to use? Weathertap looks great but expensive...

there's a two week trial, no credit card needed or anything. Takes about 5 minutes to sign up. If you have a facebook, you can add me as a friend and I'll talk you through how to add your exact location to the map and all that, it's easy.

That band looks so frickin sweet in central mass. Sigh...

32/23, clouds.

I was waiting right there with you wondering if it was ever going to start tonight. Started about 90 minutes ago now and have half inch or so on anything that isn't paved. Look to get into that nice band rolling in from the east soon.

there's a two week trial, no credit card needed or anything. Takes about 5 minutes to sign up. If you have a facebook, you can add me as a friend and I'll talk you through how to add your exact location to the map and all that, it's easy.

Oh awesome, thanks Chris, I'll have to check it out.

Ice Warrior Commander and Davis Straight Special tonight....I'm trying to catch up now...but they had a head start. They can finally brag about their totals after all those times I post dual pol where the sleet line is straddling the pike in SWFEs.

I was waiting right there with you wondering if it was ever going to start tonight. Started about 90 minutes ago now and have half inch or so on

anything that isn't paved. Look to get into that nice band rolling in from the east soon.

Thanks for the ob. No classes until 11a so I'm up awaiting the snow with a few other met majors.

Is it still pouring buckets of snow in Meriden and Southington?

YES it's still snowing hard.Just stopped in from plowing to check the board and the radar.

6-8" on the ground ,Hard to measure I have 1-2ft drifts on the side of my building in front clean to the grass.

So much for 1-3" .Looks like mid winter out side with the powder blowing around.

post-3949-0-74523300-1352353670_thumb.jp

post-3949-0-70330800-1352353682_thumb.jp

Thanks for the ob. No classes until 11a so I'm up awaiting the snow with a few other met majors.

The one time in what we thought it might be an elevation dependent storm where your elevation on Shrewsbury would have been good enough to not matter....getting destroyed there. And you are away for it. laugh.png

We bring back the jackpot to ORH county (for MA anyway) like the 1990s and early 2000s and you miss out. Just do not join powderfreak on the chairlift

Ice Warrior Commander and Davis Straight Special tonight....I'm trying to catch up now...but they had a head start. They can finally brag about their totals after all those times I post dual pol where the sleet line is straddling the pike in SWFEs.

We will see if you can catch up.. But that sleet really irritated me when I was IP and you were SN+ last winter.. and previous ones too.. lol

Looks like you might catch up looking at the radar you posted.

WSW for southern Worcester county.

And yes, will, I am not happy to say the least lol. My mom texted me with pictures but she is complaining while I wish I was there. Now when I'm home in January ORH will do terrible and Plymouth will have a record breaking month. laugh.png

defintely would rather be home for this as well lol

Gusting to 35 knots and moderate snow...though I think right this second its heavy snow...I cannot see the usual landmark that is 1/4 mile away...its a shadow right now

KORH 080528Z AUTO 01020G35KT 1/2SM R11/3500V5500FT SN FZFG VV009 M02/M03 A2969 RMK AO2 PK WND 35035/0526 P0001

Archived