Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Son of Sandy Observations/ Nowcast Nov 6/7

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this band is nice, I hope it stays put for a minute, you look to be in better shape than me with all that precip near PVD up to Boston...I've just got to death dryslot coming lol. Radar is suggesting it is snowing much more heavily than it is here. Did you see my above post about storm movement?

I don't thinkt hat dryslot is in very much a hurry to get to you at all...the storm is nearing its max latitude in the next few hours before it pushes E of 70W...so its going to pivot and then fall E or SE.

when the **** is this storm gonna end?

Its not in a hurry to end. ITs drifting NE right now and then eventually E. ITs been captured by the 5h low that is closed off and takes a while to drift E...E MA is gonna get precip most of the day tomorrow...but it will be rain eventually. Nasty.

Its not in a hurry to end. ITs drifting NE right now and then eventually E. ITs been captured by the 5h low that is closed off and takes a while to drift E...E MA is gonna get precip most of the day tomorrow...but it will be rain eventually. Nasty.

If our winds are out of the north, and there is a huge source of cold north of here, what is the mechanism for warming the sfc? Thanks in advance, tonight has been a great night for learning. you guys are truly awesome.

Yeah the pavement measurement I took was the low one and the two grass ones I took were high....I think the best surface I have is my table out on the deck....that one came in at 4.3".....the highest measurement I took was on the deck but I think the area drifted a bit so I probably should have tossed it....it's tough on my property dud to grass or tree cover or too close to house....

I used your 4.3'' instead of my 3'' total for the storm report...3'' to me would seem on the low side.

as far as I can see the mix line doesn't look to be advancing for now, it's all snow right down to the CT shoreline right now even near SE CT. Definitely in for at least a couple more hours of snow moderate at times. can't fall asleep lol

Chris are you at UConn? It's like an all-out blizzard with the wind... blowing/drifting snow like crazy!

Chris are you at UConn? It's like an all-out blizzard with the wind... blowing/drifting snow like crazy!

I live just off campus, near the CVS. I can't tell how hard it's coming down because a lot of the snow may be being blocked by the building I am in...radar suggests that it is snowing pretty dang hard. And yes, the wind is nuts. Ground blizzard at times, really wild stuff.

I live just off campus, near the CVS. I can't tell how hard it's coming down because a lot of the snow may be being blocked by the building I am in...radar suggests that it is snowing pretty dang hard. And yes, the wind is nuts. Ground blizzard at times, really wild stuff.

Yeah it's wild for sure! I live off campus in Tolland, and going outside just for a minute is crazy... seems like the wind has picked up even more with this band. I think we're around 6" or so but it's tough to get a good measurement...

Archived