Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Son of Sandy Observations/ Nowcast Nov 6/7

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming down good right now with lots of wind. Not bad..lol. A small victory anyways, although I can't look at Grinch's pics.

Neither can the superintendent of our schools lol. They didn't early dismiss today and I was hearing about buses still out and stuck at 6pm. I'm sure they call it for tomorrow just based on that...

Surprised the board has so much less than the grass.

Yeah, but it is what it is. The grass might be higher than normal, lol. It was pretty uniform across the board though. That's why I was saying that we're probably going to see different numbers depending on the surface that the observer measures. If it's any consolation, the ratio is getting less. If this band can hang out for a while, it'll probably even out.

Yeah, but it is what it is. The grass might be higher than normal, lol. It was pretty uniform across the board though. That's why I was saying that we're probably going to see different numbers depending on the surface that the observer measures. If it's any consolation, the ratio is getting less. If this band can hang out for a while, it'll probably even out.

You prob have around 5..The Staffordville dude had 4.2 awhile ago

Thanks!

Stay away from the snow gun hoses

lol... have a coating with grass blades showing through out front. Grass covered up at the ski resort. I won't hang myself till like next Monday or Tuesday ;)

I don't see how you don't get 6"+ though and rip for the next several hours... that band doesn't look like its in a hurry to go anywhere. Same with ORH/Will, especially if you guys are in the 20s with a dry mid-winter snow.

I got a good feeling for this winter.

The guy at the top of the lift is going to see powderfreak hanging from a snow gun hose swinging around the wheel instead of a chair. Swaying in the wind.

I'm good tonight... we are opening early with a preview day on Saturday for pass holders, so I'll be skiing soon. 8-10" of natural on the mountain with a ton of snowmaking; its been an epic early November week.

How much ya got, Will? Looks like 6+ coming. I don't see how that band doesn't rot and die over TOL-ORH. RAP looks solid.

I'm good tonight... we are opening early with a preview day on Saturday for pass holders, so I'll be skiing soon. 8-10" of natural on the mountain with a ton of snowmaking; its been an epic early November week.

How much ya got, Will? Looks like 6+ coming. I don't see how that band doesn't rot and die over TOL-ORH. RAP looks solid.

Lol...yeah I'm just messing. I am not looking forward to the massive torch though this weekend.

I have about 2", maybe pushing 3" now. I haven't measured yet since coming home but will pretty soon. But its accumulating a lot more efficiently now with this band because of the better snow growth. I'm not sure on 6"+ here..maybe 4"...but if this band can rot for a while, its definitely possible. Kevin had about a 2-3" head start down where he is, so he will crack 6". .

Archived