Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Son of Sandy Observations/ Nowcast Nov 6/7

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we're at about an inch or so here and it's sticking on all surfaces now including the road, what an awesome surprise! I never though it'd be this cold. That coastal front means business.

Longitude. Walking from JP home to Brookline, the quality of the snow changed to a more powdery wintry variety. BOS still above freezing and rainy but most of the city from back bay west is snowing and AOB freezing. Winter wonderland tonight.

What do you think up in central NE?

(I'm sorry for being a horribly annoying hotdog.gif today:)

I think weakening dynamics with time and seriously dry air mass we're going to have trouble getting much precip as far west as our forecast may say. I'd feel a lot better about seeing measurable accumulation we're I'm at on the coast actually.

From a climo perspective I bet it's not too often that most of SNE sees it's first accumulating snow before the N Berkshires.

If you want to talk about that, get your mind out of New England. New Jersey is getting slammed right down to the coast right now. That's significant

That band may have trouble forming more than it is. It's fighting drier air advecting in and slowly weakening dynamics. The RUC does try to pivot it near 84, but I don't see anything too fancy out of it. Snow is snow I guess.

no matter what happens, I'll enjoy my 20dbz overhead (which has been getting more intense) right now and wintry scene. It still is only November 7, after all. This is all bonus snow.

Just went to the store, roads are not that good at all, they were wet, then froze and are now snow packed. I don't think the town had any clue about snow, heck nws upton had all rain as late as 10 am for our area. 4.5 inches of snow on the deck. Hopefully we can get to around 8 inches, this band means business.

Big branches (Probably 8 ft long) snapping off the pine directly next to my house, it is under tons of weight from the snow.

Thank god it has been more powdery for several hours now, or I might be having to contend with a long night.

I noticed some saggage especially on the white pines across from US1.

Archived