• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Son of Sandy Observations/ Nowcast Nov 6/7

Baroclinic Zone

I was actually being serious about the drying advecting south. You can see a pretty sharp delineation north of HFD.

very true...been advancing all day

if not for that dry air we would all be in bliss right now

there is moisture over the ocean all the way up to practically Halifax

but my god look at the dry zone all over maine...nothing can get in there at all

they will have to lower the wwa they have up for nh

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats SW CT. Nice positive bust on models with both Ptype and amount.

horrible forecast by BOX, never should have upped those totals except for southern southern hfd tol and windham counties

notice no updated forecast discussion and they still have 4 to 6 all the way well into nh and vt where many of those places have not seen more than a flurry if that

still amazing in 2012 these forecasts can bust so terribly, i am surprised those from enfield north are not more dissapointed...and i notice there has been almost no measurable snow in either pittsfield or north adams and they are under advisories as well

did any model see this dry air problem as this severe? meaning little to no accum along and north of the pike?

I traveled from Woodstock to Beacon Falls and back today for a funeral, it was nasty from Farmington west to Waterbury on I-84, and then down in Naugatuck. Snow stick immediately, road crews didn't seem to have much of a chance. On the way back same thing, not bad from West Hartford to Vernon, then once past exit 67 into Kevin's Kingdom, things much worse. Chose the Rt 74 to Rt 44 route vs Rt 171 through Bigelow Hollow, and not what was the better choice! Got stuck in the hills of Willington and Ashford, and finally made it home 3.5 hours after leaving Waterbury. About 3-4 inches of snow in the NE Ct area that I could see when we were stopped. Nice little storm! snowing3.gif

Archived