12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Son of Sandy Observations/ Nowcast Nov 6/7

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...AQW is 37° F/4° F last check. It's gonna tough to get snow with that. Some downsloping must be warming them up too. 32° F here.

Radar is filling in a little and I do have a few flurries here ATM, but I think the fat lady has sung for most of W MA. I'm going a dusting to a 1/2" for most in W MA above the Pike, maybe a spot 1" report somewhere. Maybe someone gets a bit more to the south of the Pike to the CT line.

I can't believe Wachusett hasn't gotten anything...they are like 12 miles north of me the way the crow flies. Webcams show downtown ORH has like an inch of snow and ripping pretty good. It will be an interesting drive home in a little bit.

I do expect it to start snowing up by Hubbdave though in the next hour or so. It looks like we are getting an increased inflow off the Atlantic so that should help offset the dry drainage from the northeast there.

I can't believe Wachusett hasn't gotten anything...they are like 12 miles north of me the way the crow flies. Webcams show downtown ORH has like an inch of snow and ripping pretty good. It will be an interesting drive home in a little bit.

I do expect it to start snowing up by Hubbdave though in the next hour or so. It looks like we are getting an increased inflow off the Atlantic so that should help offset the dry drainage from the northeast there.

incredibly dry above the pike in 495 belt all day...really frustrating to watch snow all around in every direction. looks like more snow holes and dry air pinwheeling in from Lowell down to the SW...happy for everyone else...but its been virga and snow holes for about 8 hours now here in the sudbury maynard area

Man it was amazing just driving from Guilford CT to New Haven, it's only a few miles but what a difference! Where I was out in Guilford there was nothing on the ground at all, and just a mild mix falling of light to moderate snow with occasional rain mixed in... So I hop on 95 and head south, and immediately it gets worse, by Branford I was firmly back in accumulating snow, and then New Haven was almost blizzard-like. Gonna be some interesting snow total maps to look at by the end of this one, I suspect.

Instant winter! Just like we used to get... Only, you can drive right out of it in under 10 minutes. Weird.

Archived