• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
How high can we go? Saturday forecast high contest

MN Transplant

How did MET/MAV perform in the previous couple heat waves there? I remember MN_Trans saying that the NAM did pretty well (so I assume MET was decent). I

Both have been atrocious up here going way too warm, but in the core of the heat dome it can be a different story.

MET has DCA at 103F and MAV at 100F...12z and 18z number respectively though, as the new 00z MET should be out fairly soon.

the nam/met was better last friday than the gfs but was still cool by maybe 2 degrees 24 hours out. i think i've generally been leaning on the nam short term lately. actually my method for my first temp prediction can be found by checking 12z data and reading my first sentence. :P

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the NAM like the Pittsburgh Pirates?...Sucked for 20 years and is having a good spring and summer before it completely falls apart after the AS Break, trades all its good players and calls up minor leaguers in September just in time for winter

i think the nam is almost always the best once you hit 24 hours... not with winter storms per se but tempwise etc. there are certain patterns not so much. i think overall it's done really well with temps lately--at least mos. part of it is just choosing whichever the highest temps you see though and running with them.

Total threadjack but that air mass was amazing.

Similarly impressive to this airmass on the standard dev level...to keep it relevant. It wasn't a cheap vulnerable low temp above 0F...it was solidly below 0F. What did DCA make last year? 104, right?

yes..104 last year and last week

That's my guess for DCA then. Maybe 103. I can't guess on the other two...do not know enough about them. I only know DCA enough to guess because of your departure threads.

I'll make 103F my official guess, but I'm afraid my cool bias may be preventing me from going 104F.

That's my guess for DCA then. Maybe 103. I can't guess on the other two...do not know enough about them. I only know DCA enough to guess because of your departure threads.

I'll make 103F my official guess, but I'm afraid my cool bias may be preventing me from going 104F.

103 sounds like a pretty darn good guess based on the forecasted 24C 850's..I'll go with 103 as well.

We're going to pop a 102/82 and nobody is going to give a sh-it. We probably won't reach freezing until like January 14th.

Something weird will probably happen like a 500dm anomaly block and DCA gets 24F on Nov 18.

MAV still going 100F for DCA on Saturday....just so Ian doesn't snipe me for mentioning winter. (zwyts brought it up first)

Top 3 for 7/7...102F in 2010, 99F in 1991 and 98F in 1993 (and previous years). Should be able to break 2010.

Archived