amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2012 Winter Banter Thread #3

yoda

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lived 90 miles west of boulder in summit county from 92-99 but had a good friend who lived in boulder. I loved hangin there in the summer. Weather is just perfect and the city is fun. Pearl St is like a mini Georgetown but with more style and variety.

I often miss living in the rockies and it's not all about the snow. It's just a totally different lifestyle than the ec. I think i would live longer if I stayed out there and that's not really a joke either.

Predict Ian's posts on the 00Z Euro.

My guess:

definitely not as amped as the NAM, tho looks better than 12z still early, i guess

.10 up to ric, looks flatter

heads OTS, pretty dry around DC

i dont stay up for the euro .. the midday run is usually more deflating anyway

As much as I want to lie to myself and say I can fall asleep right now...i gotta see the stupid dumb euro b4 calling it a day.

There are really only 2 ways it can go tonight...I fall asleep smiling about the prospect of sledding with the kids or....well...F that. It gon snow dammit.

Same here... I told myself that I can go to sleep and see the EURO in the morning at 1145... but here it is 1220 and I am awake... might as well stay up :axe::lol:

Seems like forever since we've had a legit threat in these parts. I'd forgotten how damn cool it is when wes, hm, orh, coastal, baroclonic, and any other excellent met poster that I'm leaving out disco the finer points of the latest model runs.

I know how to look at the solutions from like 10k feet and understand what I'm looking at but when the mets here analyze at street level it kinda blows me away. Forums like this are priceless for armchair weather watchers and I really appreciate the pros spending their "free" time contributing here.

Still a lot of time to go but RLX mentions a foot of snow possible in the Huntington - Charleston corridor. This would be the biggest snowfall in the 14 years that I have been here.

ONE HALF IN LIQUID EQUIVALENT PER SIX HOURS

SUN. WITH PRECIPITATION TYPE TRANSITION AS DESCRIBED...THIS CODES

UP TO AROUND A FOOT OF SNOW IN AN AXIS ACROSS HTS-CRW GIVEN THE QPF

AXIS TO THE S AND THE BEST RATIOS TO THE N. AMNTS COULD DROP OFF

QUICKLY TO THE S OF THIS AREA SUN MORNING DEPENDING UPON

TEMPERATURES SFC AND ALOFT...WITH NO SNOW AT ALL ACROSS SWRN VA SUN

MORNING.

Justin Berk's first call really isn't a first call... he basically paints a picture on a map and says it could snow anywhere within 150 miles of his rain snow line. No storm totals either.... I like him... maybe it is the Baltimore bias... but in the past he has always gone out on the limb to actually forecast something... little disappointing.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Justin-Berk-Meteorologist/54875673475#!/photo.php?fbid=10150605855158476&set=a.472052198475.261315.54875673475&type=1&theater

Archived