• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2012 Winter Banter Thread #3

yoda

Yeah, it's interesting, a lot of downplaying of this storm all week, through this AM (I heard the same NPR forecast, calling for no more than 2". There is, to be fair,a big risk of bust, and I guess all the public forecasters would rather bust low than high...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole area getting blasted at 60HR. This is back to being a big snow event like 00Z.

I seriously hope this works out for you guys. I'm stating the obvious when I say the eastcoast has looked shameful this winter with regard to snow. If your region can pull through with some decent snow it will be a good thing.

We've become greedy, "...yes ...yes, a little more north." I'll take what we can get at this point, because it seem by any stretch of the imagination that we'll be seeing more snow from this storm an any storm this winter, even it's it goes further south.

Yeah... NAM actually would be PDIII. But do we think the 12Z suite is going to be the one where the models finally come together? I think it may not be until the 00Z suite on Sat night...

Psh...unless you can show me some nice 12-24 inch amounts this is no PDIII. It's gotta rank with the others to gain that kind of famous name protocol ;)

Ditto. 50-100 miles or so would put central MD in the bullseye. 12z NAM is the coldest run I've yet seen and would give most of VA an all-snow event. Good for them, but I want to get in on that ~1" of QPF zone :snowman:

What would you think for ratios during this? I'm assuming less than the usual 10:1?

Ditto. 50-100 miles or so would put central MD in the bullseye. 12z NAM is the coldest run I've yet seen and would give most of VA an all-snow event. Good for them, but I want to get in on that ~1" of QPF zone :snowman:

I say we get a 50 mile north jog by the time it is all said and done, i think 100 is asking to much.

Archived