• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2012 Winter Banter Thread #3

yoda

I had no problem with you until this winter. PM me if you have such an issue. You posted the same thought in different ways like 3 times in the main thread. We understand your thoughts...

"Give it a rest" - I post far less than you do.

But every one of your posts seems to be a lecture or talking about some rule....equally as annoying...IMO...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look, peace, ok. I don't think I've posted anything that bad. Probably the most interesting thing about this whole storm to me is the variability of the whole thing. When I saw that 500 map on the NAM at 36, I knew (thought I did) that it was going to be vastly different. I guess I just got excited about being right for once. I am looking forward to what comes next. I wonder now if that vortex in the NE is just a bit faster to move out if this thing has a chance to go up the coast a bit. ???? I'm curious. It's not a sin.

Remember its for fun. My thoughts on this storm will have zero bearing on what actually happens. It's been a sh*t winter, and I hope just this once we can all do a little celebrating. I hope it does get giddy in here. That means we are enjoying it. Anyway, I don't have an issue with you. I was just a bit perplexed as to why you had one with me.

I don't find anything wrong with the way you post....this place has gotten freaking ridiculous....

I'd take 2-4" at this point.

Dude, way too personal...bring that to OT. Having said that...the 00Z NAM takes that plume of tripical moisture and literally slurps it up, dumping it along the MA/SE. I like the high QPF solution. I mean, you can see the moisture there as we speak streaming northeastward.

Before either counting the NAm forecastrr and it's amounts ore totally dismissing them it's kind of nice looking for a consensus run on the strength of the 500h vort and where the confluence sets up. Heck the NAM has gone from a good hit, to nothing to a monster hit in the last three runs. That suggests the models still don't know how to handle the various impulses.

yeah.. it's pretty but hard to buy into any way i can cut it.. but who knows i guess. i do like that it's showing some instability that was lacking earlier--we briefly touched on this am i think. of course that's probably dependent on the evolution but i do think that the nam has some strengths in that area... especially closer in.

But every one of your posts seems to be a lecture or talking about some rule....equally as annoying...IMO...

Fair enough. Honestly though, I don't understand why some of the experienced posters who have been here for a while cannot set an example for newer members. It would make things run smoothly. I generally try to use the report function but there are times when an actual message is better received.

I think you have seen me post well grounded weather related posts (mainly during severe season). So lets just be fair on that point.

i'm not sure what the varsity models will do, but I expect them to shift north by tomorrow night or early Saturday if not tonight

The euro has a way of putting the kibosh on things, but I am deferring to it....It's been the most consistent

I agree with you, but that's just based on model watching for a lot years. I guess the one thing I try to do around here is predict what the models will predict. It's a role, I guess. LOL

yeah.. it's pretty but hard to buy into any way i can cut it.. but who knows i guess. i do like that it's showing some instability that was lacking earlier--we briefly touched on this am i think. of course that's probably dependent on the evolution but i do think that the nam has some strengths in that area... especially closer in.

I think the other thing of interest on it, the rgem look now coming out and the 18Z gfs is the northern stream shortwave brining a front through that actually delivers some cold air so we don't have to manufacture all of it. We still benefit from dynamic cooling via the strong lifting but don't need it as much hence we get snowy solutions. It will be interesting to see if the euro catches onto the same idea.

Fair enough. Honestly though, I don't understand why some of the experienced posters who have been here for a while cannot set an example for newer members. It would make things run smoothly. I generally try to use the report function but there are times when an actual message is better received.

I think you have seen me post well grounded weather related posts (mainly during severe season). So lets just be fair on that point.

When I posted more I read what others said a lot less....now I mostly just read and to tell you the truth...this board is pretty bad at times...there are still a ton of quality conversations but man are they lost when all of the weenie crushers or the we must follow the rules people are running rampant...again my opinion and I couldn't care less if others agree....nothing personal against you though...no harm bro

I think the other thing of interest on it, the rgem look now coming out and the 18Z gfs is the northern stream shortwave brining a front through that actually delivers some cold air so we don't have to manufacture all of it. We still benefit from dynamic cooling via the strong lifting but don't need it as much hence we get snowy solutions. It will be interesting to see if the euro catches onto the same idea.

Someone will call you at 1:15 am to let you know how it looks....Just post your number here :snowman:

i'm not sure what the varsity models will do, but I expect them to shift north by tomorrow night or early Saturday if not tonight

The euro has a way of putting the kibosh on things, but I am deferring to it....It's been the most consistent

I'm not sure about the GFS but do think the euro is likelyt o come north some. I'm more interested in what it does about the front dropping thru prior to the storm. The 18Z gfs and 00Z nam really delivered and the rgem looks enough like the nam to think it would too. That to me is a bigger deal than simply having a wet nam as it would give us some stickage and if they wetted up maybe more than I originally thouught could happen.

of course, the great thing about this time of year is it's a lot easier to find cold than early season under the same type of leadup. that is a good thing to watch for..

Wes is staying up past his bedtime, folks. Might be game on soon.

Did you see where he calmly told CoastalWX it was done for them and Coastal said, just as calmly, "Yep."? Red taggers are so civil. Had a weenie in a subforum said that to a weenie in another forum, there would have been a hair weave on the floor in here.

Archived