northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
2012 Winter Banter Thread #3

yoda

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've misunderstood DT...he posts a guess...then a "serious" guess...then a "final" guess...then a call..."serious" call...first call...second call...final call...call revision (after storm ends).

I'll make sure to post mine later. That should seal it for you.

lol

DT is one thing but the weenie maps are another. It's almost as if some people feel an event is more impending if enough of us that at this point have clue nada make a map. So, yes, go at it Waterboy! I want to feel better about my chances. I'll give you my address so as to make sure I'm in the purple portion, ie, the 8-12" on your map legend.

I bet the 00Z tonight edges back north. Some are acting like the GFS and Euro are hundreds of miles away OTS.

I kinda got that impression too (people thinking that the globals were at odd with each other). When you break them down, they are quite close in their solutions. Especially @ 500. Focusing exclusively on the precip shield placement is bad analysis imo.

We'll see what happens with 0z but I was encouraged by the 18z gfs slowing the system down and being colder at the surface.

I agree that the temp profile has improved, but the precip amounts are noticeably lighter. My concern is that we just can't seem to get a good 2-4/3-6 inch snow around here anymore. We either get blitzed or we wind up with < 1 inch crap. I would love a moderate snow event, but the trends have been for less precip and any further south trend gets us to fringe state. Here's to hoping for a better model day tomorrow.

MDstorm

I know this is OT but I hope you are just referring to this year. Otherwise I'm afraid you have forgotten last January and then 09-10...we can certainly get good solid events. Just harder in a Nina. It's not like we will never get that again.

Is it cool if I start a snow total guess/maps thread? Anyone else for this?

I'm guessing most of the weenie guesses could go in here. Might make it a good place to put all the generally weeniefied and crappy maps into. Although, maybe a tad early for people to start going map crazy.

I'm guessing most of the weenie guesses could go in here. Might make it a good place to put all the generally weeniefied and crappy maps into. Although, maybe a tad early for people to start going map crazy.

Yea, the early thing was the stickler for me too. My luck is I'd post a thread and poof, south trend really starts. I'll hold out til 24 hrs from now.

Disagree. A separate thread for random calls and maps would be good if ppl want to make them.

And then we'd know where the most annoying and inaccurate weenies were. Forward that info to Randy and then mass banning ;)

you'd be freeing up a ton of bandwidth :snowing:

Sounds like a plan, make a thread for user maps and I'll throw something together tomorrow

Archived