Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Jan 21 event

Ian

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no, but i'd give it higher odds than might be suggested by consensus. the euro is my daddy.

If I am being IMBY it isnt that far out of line with the other guidance with the 1st slug tonight and that is all I really care about here since after that is over I will go to sleep and probably wake up to 34 and drizzle

devastation!!!

Kinda surprised though that the far NW corner of LWX didn't go WSW... guess more sleet/snow than ice

they'll probably wait till it's an hour from finishing to hoist the warnings

If I am being IMBY it isnt that far out of line with the other guidance with the 1st slug tonight and that is all I really care about here since after that is over I will go to sleep and probably wake up to 34 and drizzle

yeah we need to cash in on that. im being totally imby on this one.

"up to 29". That's nothing...I'm in Ballenger where the temp is up to almost 35F. Not sure why people keep saying temps are falling. Mine has gone up all day.

My backyard:

http://www.wundergro...3&sp=KMDFREDE26

I was 32.1 as of 5 mins ago. If it can...it will find a way to only be rain here.

A look at real snow via Paradise Ranger Station. Some 7' of snow the past 3-4 days and another 5-7' on the way up there in the coming week.

gh.jpg

Following a southern trend of the models and recent temperature verifications compared to earlier forecasts, I have come up with this for my final forecast:

20120121_MAsnowFinal.png

The pink contour indicates where 0.1-0.25+ inches of accumulating sleet and freezing rain is possible.

Some sleet will mix into the areas receiving over an inch of snow, and some freezing rain is also possible in the 1-2 inch snow contour.

Start time of the event was expanded earlier to better account for the precipitation in the western edge of the map.

-----

Adding the original map below for comparison and to have it in this thread for archival purposes...

20120121_MAsnowInitial.png

Following a southern trend of the models and recent temperature verifications compared to earlier forecasts, I have come up with this for my final forecast:

20120121_MAsnowFinal.png

The pink contour indicates where 0.1-0.25+ inches of accumulating sleet and freezing rain is possible.

Some sleet will mix into the areas receiving over an inch of snow, and some freezing rain is also possible in these areas.

Start time of the event was expanded earlier to better account for the precipitation in the western edge of the map.

-----

Adding the original map below for comparison and to have it in this thread for archival purposes...

20120121_MAsnowInitial.png

Nice work Ellinwood. I'm curious...what software do you use for the maps?

Archived