amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Jan 21 event

Ian

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's classic Bob. More often than not, he's right simply because of his conservative nature and DC ****ty climatology. Odds always favor the conservative forecaster. But he gets burned a lot doing that.

im forecasting rain.. weenies.

Whoa......I'll take it.

Isn't he usually pessimistic and bearish?

He's usually neutral in general IMO. Sometimes a little bearish with big events.

My wife met him at a dinner some years back. He's actually pretty much an arrogant jerk from what she saw. Based on that, I always hope he busts huge in either direction.

If anyone else has met him personally and my opinion is way off base, just let me know.

He's usually neutral in general IMO. Sometimes a little bearish with big events.

My wife met him at a dinner some years back. He's actually pretty much an arrogant jerk from what she saw. Based on that, I always hope he busts huge in either direction.

If anyone else has met him personally and my opinion is way off base, just let me know.

i think he's about the best tv met in dc tho i honestly dont watch him or anyone else these days. pretty much everyone around here is an arrogant jerk so that's possible.

That precip breaking out in swva and east ky moving ne is interesting. Looks to be merging with the precip moving e-ese from the midwest. I guess that's just our storm exploding into the mega storm of 2011-2012

It's funny you should mention that. I was being a smartass with my "phasing" post earlier but it does look like the front edge is going to have some juice to work with. I was unimpressed with radar ealier. Snowing by 9pm? nah.....

I don't detect scarcasm well.. My appolgies.

No problem, sir. Just a question though (hope I don't get the facepalm again :P ) but is it a good sign to see that precip break out with that movement? I would think that would add a little punch to the precip we develop later, but my "logical" thoughts sometimes aren't correct.

No problem, sir. Just a question though (hope I don't get the facepalm again :P ) but is it a good sign to see that precip break out with that movement? I would think that would add a little punch to the precip we develop later, but my "logical" thoughts sometimes aren't correct.

Well, everything is going on schedule. There is really two entities going on here, the first is a fast moving/ deep pacific clipper coming in from Chicago. The second is our low presure system with moisture coming from the gulf and piling up and causing the outbreak of precipitation along the warm front.

That is our precip for the most part, not the Chicago stuff

Archived