amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Jan 21 event

Ian

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hrrrrumph. after all your negativity, you still get an advisory.

:P

I didn't thinnk my CWG piece yesterday was negative. except for places east of the city. MY only negative post was I thought the NAM was too wet and that the Euro precip was more likely to be correct than the canadian snow which still looks somewhat overdone.

"up to 29". That's nothing...I'm in Ballenger where the temp is up to almost 35F. Not sure why people keep saying temps are falling. Mine has gone up all day.

My backyard:

http://www.wundergro...3&sp=KMDFREDE26

My station had been at 29.3 all day, it has now gone up in just the last hour to 32.9. Going off of your location on the map I am about 2 miles to your S.

BTW I use your station for my WxUnderground page.

I was 32.1 as of 5 mins ago. If it can...it will find a way to only be rain here.

A look at real snow via Paradise Ranger Station. Some 7' of snow the past 3-4 days and another 5-7' on the way up there in the coming week.

great pic! If you want a good laugh (and knowing they are usseless), check out the snow forecast map by NWS Sterling. The big hole right over FDK just doesn't surprise me. I'm glad I got a Davis this year to measure precipitation. I'm convinced FDK gets less yearly precip than surrounding areas. Sitting at the base of the Catoctins makes us a mini-desert for the area.

great pic! If you want a good laugh (and knowing they are usseless), check out the snow forecast map by NWS Sterling. The big hole right over FDK just doesn't surprise me. I'm glad I got a Davis this year to measure precipitation. I'm convinced FDK gets less yearly precip than surrounding areas. Sitting at the base of the Catoctins makes us a mini-desert for the area.

I'd tend to agree. We sat under 30-35dbz for hours and hours during the Oct storm...nothing but very light snow fell (eventually just rain).

My station had been at 29.3 all day, it has now gone up in just the last hour to 32.9. Going off of your location on the map I am about 2 miles to your S.

BTW I use your station for my WxUnderground page.

I love the Davis Vantage Vue got. It has been very accurate so far and glad I'll get a good year of precip measurements. This will get some afternoon sun in the summer so it will be interesting to see if it adds a few degrees like the Weather Channel system (very cheap) did. Just don't use my wind measurements...my station is too sheltered for accurate wind measurements. I go by the Braddock Heights station or the MDDOT station at 340 & 180 in Jefferson.

I love the Davis Vantage Vue got. It has been very accurate so far and glad I'll get a good year of precip measurements. This will get some afternoon sun in the summer so it will be interesting to see if it adds a few degrees like the Weather Channel system (very cheap) did. Just don't use my wind measurements...my station is too sheltered for accurate wind measruements. I go by the Braddock Heights station or the MDDOT station at 340 & 180 in Jefferson.

Not much of a temp gradiant here b/w us and up in the mtns. It's 28 up at 1600' too.

I know you are trolling, but that product is not very useful. Check it again in an hour...

it must be somewhat useful or they would not tell people to look at it on facebook. i know it does change frequently...

Just to make sure that I am thinking correctly

That means that the H will take a lil longer to move out and the CAD may be a bit stronger than modeled, correct?

I asked him to get clarification, but thats where I was taking this, because this system wont have the ability to take the precip north into that high, so yes it is indeed excellent as he says.

I love the Davis Vantage Vue got. It has been very accurate so far and glad I'll get a good year of precip measurements. This will get some afternoon sun in the summer so it will be interesting to see if it adds a few degrees like the Weather Channel system (very cheap) did. Just don't use my wind measurements...my station is too sheltered for accurate wind measurements. I go by the Braddock Heights station or the MDDOT station at 340 & 180 in Jefferson.

Yea mine is a Lacrosse from LLBean, but wanting to get something better. Going to wait till we get our deck this spring to see where I can put one.

Archived