Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Mid Week Storm Threat 12/28

dryslot

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lesson: when Will and Scott aren't onboard, you better listen.

looks like a big hit for ART (LOL!) - SLK - CYUL

of course i'll be in ottawa but i'd say ottawa is in a good position with the colder air to the NW and possible further trending.

having said that to be honest, i'm still wary of such a big phase, i think this one nudges back SE a bit to perhaps get PF into the snow.

Man, tough year guys. I'm back in CT and watching VT about to get rain with this amplified bomb, its rather disgusting. 6" on the ground at Burke Mtn, my ski area in VT, and they might get decimated Tuesday if this thing pans out like recent runs. This better get turned around by the time I get back there to ski in mid January. Absolutely abysmal.

To be fair I think all of us said that with a full on phase we'd nuke in New England. Ryan and I were just saying it was worth it to see how the handling of the streams trend on the models before declaring game over.

lesson: when Will and Scott aren't onboard, you better listen.

looks like a big hit for ART (LOL!) - SLK - CYUL

of course i'll be in ottawa but i'd say ottawa is in a good position with the colder air to the NW and possible further trending.

having said that to be honest, i'm still wary of such a big phase, i think this one nudges back SE a bit to perhaps get PF into the snow.

To be fair I think all of us said that with a full on phase we'd nuke in New England. Ryan and I were just saying it was worth it to see how the handling of the streams trend on the models before declaring game over.

i dont remember you saying it would snow, i think you were pretty pessimistic. i was just talking about the 2 guys who post the most here as red taggers. i know CT rain is awesome too, he just has a ski trip so i dont blame him for being optimistic, i still think this could shift enough back SE that a good portion of N and west central VT sees mostly snow.

i dont remember you saying it would snow, i think you were pretty pessimistic. i was just talking about the 2 guys who post the most here as red taggers. i know CT rain is awesome too, he just has a ski trip so i dont blame him for being optimistic, i still think this could shift enough back SE that a good portion of N and west central VT sees mostly snow.

I don't do this often, but I honestly hope that you get crushed with this one.....I have zero chance and you are always such a good sport.

Happy holidays, bud.

It'd be nice to see you get crushed by a monster low for once. You usually have to live through us on coastals. When was the last time you had a storm like the one modeled on the euro?

Fwiw, there was never much of any teleconnector support for this event here. Events can sometimes bully regardless, but in terms of probability and barring something rarer, the ECM from 00z is a better fit for large scale mass fields. There should be no disappointment and/or sensation of opportunity lost regarding this mid-week events, as expectations should have been appropriated. That said, there will be a system translation but cold is shallowed by lead SW flow, and limited NAO influence should drill the westerly track and/or promote warm solutions.

There is a growing suggestion for an Archembault-like event between the 1st and 5th of January. I may post more about this later but I am off to observance of the Holiday. There's always Monday ...

Merry X-mass guys and gals!

Fwiw, there was never much of any teleconnector support for this event here. Events can sometimes bully regardless, but in terms of probability and barring something rarer, the ECM from 00z is a better fit for large scale mass fields. There should be no disappointment and/or sensation of opportunity lost regarding this mid-week events, as expectations should have been appropriated.

There is a growing suggestion for an Archembault-like event between the 1st and 5th of January. I may post more about this later but I am off to observance of the Holiday. There's always Monday ...

Merry X-mass guys and gals!

I thought this event looked a bit like the last one except a worse setup with greater potential to slice through NYS. So even a further SE setup than that would have me pessimistic for snow anywhere in NE except maybe far N VT...and of course the further NW setup is rain for just about everyone. At least on the bomb, N VT will get upslope behind it.

I don't do this often, but I honestly hope that you get crushed with this one.....I have zero chance and you are always such a good sport.

Happy holidays, bud.

thanks Ray, maybe this will be the one that breaks the 'snowstorm' drought, we'll see..

wish it could be that way for all, this winter has sucked bigtime for mostly everyone so i guess we are all in the same boat, thank god the boston sports scene has kept my mind off this winter for the most part.

happy holidays and merry christmas to you also..

thanks Ray, maybe this will be the one that breaks the 'snowstorm' drought, we'll see..

wish it could be that way for all, this winter has sucked bigtime for mostly everyone so i guess we are all in the same boat, thank god the boston sports scene has kept my mind off this winter for the most part.

happy holidays and merry christmas to you also..

Bruins FTW, Donnie...Bruins FTW.

Archived