e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Mid Week Storm Threat 12/28

dryslot

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole upper level pattern this year is working against any deep organized storm on the east coast. If we get any deep phased bombs they are more apt to be in the lakes. So if I can eek out 2-4 inches from one of these less organized messes..I'll take what scraps fall my way.

It's not a SWFE...just an unorganized mess really.

The whole upper level pattern this year is working against any deep organized storm on the east coast. If we get any deep phased bombs they are more apt to be in the lakes. So if I can eek out 2-4 inches from one of these less organized messes..I'll take what scraps fall my way.

There are also multiple s/w's being involved which could be screwing with the models as well. Regardless though there really isn't much in the way of cold air to work with...horrible.

There are also multiple s/w's being involved which could be screwing with the models as well. Regardless though there really isn't much in the way of cold air to work with...horrible.

Initially there is not much cold, but if the ns can dig as models have been trending than things can get fun, and fun in a hurry. This storm has always been about timing between the ns and ss......and with a 1024 or so high building into se canada, well it could and I believe will be fun for many.

Initially there is not much cold, but if the ns can dig as models have been trending than things can get fun, and fun in a hurry. This storm has always been about timing between the ns and ss......and with a 1024 or so high building into se canada, well it could and I believe will be fun for many.

Are you talking about the Tues/Wed storm or that mess at 144HR?

For Tues/Wed there is that high that builds in across SE Canada but it really doesn't look overly impressive...could at least help those in northern New England but this system is pretty amped and doesn't even really look all that negatively tilted and since it's hugging the coast it's drawing in a great deal of warm air. Plus this may have a nasty dry slot involved.

You can't hold cold air in with the NAO so positive all the time. Every time the next s/w approaches the cold air evacuates head of it.

I don't think the airmass this time will be as atrocious as Thursdays. That was ridiculous ...50s to near 60 ahead of the storm and even mid 40's here.

You can't hold cold air in with the NAO so positive all the time. Every time the next s/w approaches the cold air evacuates head of it.

I don't think the airmass this time will be as atrocious as Thursdays. That was ridiculous ...50s to near 60 ahead of the storm and even mid 40's here.

If we can get this storm to start closing off/occluding a bit further south and a tad east that would completely change the scenario as it could help to reinforce some colder air..there is actually a pretty good amount of cold air in SE Canada which is where the high pressure could help out some.

Archived