• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Mid Week Storm Threat 12/28

dryslot

Its going to get nasty in here if CNE/NNE gets snow out of this.... folks are actively wishing for no snow anywhere if they can't snow.

All I know is no one really cared when SNE was getting HECS after HECS last January while we were smoking cirrus, lol.

what was your total last year? hmmmmm. no one complains down here cept for Ray when you get 100+ every year

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the nrn stream keeps flexing its muscles without a phase job I think the airmass is fine. Even if Tuesday gets into the low 40s it won't be the 45F/40F garbage we had the other day. It's still very low odds for here, but if the EC trends more favorable I'd feel more confident if I was you.

Yeah that's my fear because Tuesday is looking like a day that hits at least 40F (probably low 40s) in the valleys below like 1,000-1,200ft. If its a dry airmass that's fine, but this past storm had me worried and we may have even started as rain way up here for a brief time, just because the dews were so high. Watching precip stream in and have it be 38/34F was a little concerning, lol.

Brian says "very low odds for him" and then Ginx says "Congrats Dendrite".   Hum.....   I will just focus on tomorrow eve for now.  Wednesdays a lifetime away!

I think the northern stream and positioning of the GFS is more correct than the Euro shows, in minutes we will know if the Euro caves, if not this storm will be number 2 in the battle this week, GFS lead and won#1

what was your total last year? hmmmmm. no one complains down here cept for Ray when you get 100+ every year

We were still sitting on the outside for a large portion of the synoptic events aside from March 7-8. I'm just sayin' if its snows in SNE, all is right with the world on this forum regardless of whats happening in CNE and NNE. And yes, I understand that the greater population lives in SNE.

And no one but Ray complains? lol c'mon Ginx have you read the threads the last few days?

We enjoy talking about winter weather and snow events... no one can control where the those events actually end up, so lets just talk about where the potential for winter weather is without saying I hope it rains on everyone, lol.

We've endured plenty of gradient winters on these boards.

This isn't a gradient winter thus far...its an all around suckfest. You know its bad when BTV is still trailing BDL on Dec 24th. It would probably be tough on SNE folks to barely miss out on a huge 12" storm...but narrowly missing 2-5" glop storms doesn't quite have the same effect...it mostly is just emphasizing the futility of this pattern when the climatologically favored NNE is struggling to even get those events.

Hopefully it turns around for the whole region...but even if its just part of the region up north, that is at least good for skiing.

lol...wow. 976 right over Mt Washington at 96hr. Probably a mix to +SN for powderfreak and the rest of NW VT.

976mb over Mt Washington means one way or another we are going to have some interesting weather mid week. Can't see the Euro but if its going to from Stowe to Mt Washington its moving due east. Maybe future runs with it just a bit less phasedwould put more of C/NNE in the game. A low 976mb going over the Whites should bring some good wrap around snow as it passes? Yes, No??

976mb over Mt Washington means one way or another we are going to have some interesting weather mid week. Can't see the Euro but if its going to from Stowe to Mt Washington its moving due east. Maybe future runs with it just a bit less phasedwould put more of C/NNE in the game. A low 976mb going over the Whites should bring some good wrap around snow as it passes? Yes, No??

It's moving NE/NNE. It gives us a little bit of back end snow, but I wouldn't count on that here. Maybe you'd get a little bit. This is more of a SLK/MSS/PBG crusher. Then N VT gets hit hard after the flip and upslope.

Archived