Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Mid Week Storm Threat 12/28

dryslot

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude......wtf?

lol...I would love for you to be getting snow. Some folks here would not be very happy if just N of them got smoked again while they got rain. I know it will snow here eventually. We don't live at the danger of getting shut out the whole winter like in the mid atlantic. Even in a horrible winter here I expect 25-30" and at least one or two warning criteria events.

GFS this week has done well, Euro was late to the show, having said that I agree. The pattern is not that awful, we do have high pressure building into quebec, it could be worse.

not much. depends on where in NE you are.

in a lot of ways...this is the same old story with a lousy antecedent air mass, trying to time in cold air prior/during precip arrival, and a southern stream system ejecting out into and then over the higher heights parked east of FL.

having the northern stream fighting back some now is helpful...but it's got a lot of work to do to make this better for SNE. for the northern folks, it's helpful. `

lol...I would love for you to be getting snow. Some folks here would be very happy if just N of them got smoked again while they got rain. I know it will snow here eventually. We don't live at the danger of getting shut out the whole winter like in the mid atlantic. Even in a horrible winter here I expect 25-30" and at least one or two warning criteria events.

In this pattern odds are in favor up here like 07-08, Does not mean that much though this year but lat does have its advantages

The entire column has Tw's of -1C or lower from 84hr on. Not bad for the GFS.

Actually the GFS doesn't bring any of the wetbulbs in the entire column above freezing from now through well after that storm. Any warm H85-H9 air is extremely dry (+4 to +5C with 15% RH). I'm not letting it suck me in yet though. lol

GFS this week has done well, Euro was late to the show, having said that I agree. The pattern is not that awful, we do have high pressure building into quebec, it could be worse.

I thought we had the high and cold air retreating off to our east...what is this about a High building into Quebec? When did that happen? If that is happening then perhaps are longer term pattern change is commencing.

in a lot of ways...this is the same old story with a lousy antecedent air mass, trying to time in cold air prior/during precip arrival, and a southern stream system ejecting out into and then over the higher heights parked east of FL.

having the northern stream fighting back some now is helpful...but it's got a lot of work to do to make this better for SNE. for the northern folks, it's helpful. `

Thats a solid thump of snow for the berks southern greens and southern nh, heck even interior mass and nw ct would see snow. This probably will never be a boston to hartford snow event, but it might......just saying nice to have a 1024 hp over se canada with lp heading northeast out of the southeast with a coastal reflection starting to show up.

Many never gave this a chance anywhere in NE the negativity is ridiculous, and I will be stoked for whoever gets snow, sooner or later I will get mine.

Merry Christmas

How bad is the antecedent airmass for a fast moving storm, given that we are driving cold air in today and again tomorrow and then radiating Monday night?

How bad is the antecedent airmass for a fast moving storm, given that we are driving cold air in today and again tomorrow and then radiating Monday night?

Like I said in my previous post...the airmass is not that bad for our region, taken literally from the GFS. We have some cold air in place now followed by another shot of cold/dry into early Monday. Thankfully there's no torching rainstorm to precede the system to destroy the BL like the last storm. We still need to see the EC/EC ens before getting any hopes up though. The 12z NAM was going to be a rainer.

Like I said in my previous post...the airmass is not that bad for our region, taken literally from the GFS. We have some cold air in place now followed by another shot of cold/dry into early Monday. Thankfully there's no torching rainstorm to precede the system to destroy the BL like the last storm. We still need to see the EC/EC ens before getting any hopes up though. The 12z NAM was going to be a rainer.

I think the one thing going for us is that this storm is going to depend on the timing of that northern stream s/w. The faster it is (or slower the southern stream s/w is) the more confluence over S Quebec and the better chance this thing doesn't cut well NW and the better chance that there is a decent source of cold to the north.

I'm not sure what all the anti-hype about the storm is about. If the timing is screwed up sure it could suck but for a large chunk of NNE this is the most promising synoptic setup in a while.

I think the one thing going for us is that this storm is going to depend on the timing of that northern stream s/w. The faster it is (or slower the southern stream s/w is) the more confluence over S Quebec and the better chance this thing doesn't cut well NW and the better chance that there is a decent source of cold to the north.

I'm not sure what all the anti-hype about the storm is about. If the timing is screwed up sure it could suck but for a large chunk of NNE this is the most promising synoptic setup in a while.

:weenie:

The Nam is the Euro's butt buddy.

GFS is better with the NS. Snow coming Sunday and Tuesday then Friday. Pattern change. JB been saying this all along. LC predicting this for 2 months. HM NYE storm. See ya.

The Nam is the Euro's butt buddy.

GFS is better with the NS. Snow coming Sunday and Tuesday then Friday. Pattern change. JB been saying this all along. LC predicting this for 2 months. HM NYE storm. See ya.

The Euro digs the northern stream s/w and captures the one to the south. Hence the warm solution.

GFS keeps them separate and in the process speeds up th enorthern stream.

Smokin' cirrus in N VT.

If the euro caves, then you can probably feel better for VT. I know it can snow on the mtn with borderline 850 temps, but you probably would want the lower elevations to be all snow too..not just the top of the mtn. Who wants a crappy lower half to ski on? That's what I was concerned about..at least me..I've been skiing in rain and ice, and I won't do ti again..lol. But, maybe the GFS can get one...or even a compromise would be ok.

Archived