Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Mid Week Storm Threat 12/28

dryslot

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the euro caves, then you can probably feel better for VT. I know it can snow on the mtn with borderline 850 temps, but you probably would want the lower elevations to be all snow too..not just the top of the mtn. Who wants a crappy lower half to ski on? That's what I was concerned about..at least me..I've been skiing in rain and ice, and I won't do ti again..lol. But, maybe the GFS can get one...or even a compromise would be ok.

Yeah I skied in rain on Wednesday. Blah.

I'm fairly flexible about ski days which is nice. Staying at friends' places etc.

The nice thing about skiing is when your "low" elevation is 2kft... nice things can happen. Plus timing looks decent for most of precip to fall overnight.

I would be up for that..

Me too! Like the new GFS! Keeps me in the Christmas spirit until the next run spoils it. Also some real cold air going by to our north right now. Sherbrooke is just above 0F. Chibougamuo in south central Quebec was -35F at 8am and has recovered to -15F at 11am

Me too! Like the new GFS! Keeps me in the Christmas spirit until the next run spoils it. Also some real cold air going by to our north right now. Sherbrooke is just above 0F. Chibougamuo in south central Quebec was -35F at 8am and has recovered to -15F at 11am

Must be a good snowcover at Chibou to get that low. Quebec High FTW?!

Sweet...I'm sure Ray would love another storm where just NW Of him gets smoked while he gets rain. Let's keep this at rain for everyone...I'm not sure he would be able to handle Brian getting smoked with 10+ while he got rain...lol.

That's what I was thinking... this run is almost worse for some of the SNE weenies because it just makes the rain colder. If Pete gets 8" of paste while the rest of the state rains, he's going to start getting hate mail, lol.

Its going to get nasty in here if CNE/NNE gets snow out of this.... folks are actively wishing for no snow anywhere if they can't snow.

All I know is no one really cared when SNE was getting HECS after HECS last January while we were smoking cirrus, lol.

I dont think so, I hope everyone gets snow! I understand odds are against my locale getting snow but who cares snow will come sooner or later, being upset or angry that somebody else gets snow is ridiculous LOL

I have sat on the sidlines many times and can say its no fun for anyone, 2010 comes to mind recently, Almost every storm made it to 40/70 then went due east because of the block..

Hello!

I want us to get ours....

In this case CNE and SNE gets into it a little bit and I think PF and the buds up there do okay, and get their upslope. Maybe Rev Ry should come home Wed eve.

This is an orderly process of laying down the snow in NNE and CNE and then SNE and the MA can get their block for late Jan and Feb.

I will say that the airmass before the storm isn't all *that* bad but its no where near great. Even with H85s below freezing this will be elevation dependent for those close to the mix line.. but should cool to isothermal 0C or -1C. I wonder if this storm has another depressing late-December situation where the H85s are below freezing but its still like 40F and raining below 1,000ft until you get to 850 temps of -3 or -5C or lower.

I will say that the airmass before the storm isn't all *that* bad but its no where near great. Even with H85s below freezing this will be elevation dependent for those close to the mix line.. but should cool to isothermal 0C or -1C. I wonder if this storm has another depressing late-December situation where the H85s are below freezing but its still like 40F and raining below 1,000ft until you get to 850 temps of -3 or -5C or lower.

If the nrn stream keeps flexing its muscles without a phase job I think the airmass is fine. Even if Tuesday gets into the low 40s it won't be the 45F/40F garbage we had the other day. It's still very low odds for here, but if the EC trends more favorable I'd feel more confident if I was you.

If the nrn stream keeps flexing its muscles without a phase job I think the airmass is fine. Even if Tuesday gets into the low 40s it won't be the 45F/40F garbage we had the other day. It's still very low odds for here, but if the EC trends more favorable I'd feel more confident if I was you.

Congrats Dendrite

Archived