joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid Week Storm Threat 12/28

dryslot

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every storm has been about "timing" in a crappy pattern...that's why they are crappy patterns because you need perfect timing with the two streams....zero margin for error. This has a solid chance to cut west or inland...I hope it doesn't and we are talking more snow by tomorrow or Christmas, but I'm just saying that this system really has very little operating room like just about every system thus far in December.

The airmass leading up to it is terrible as well. We advect out the cold airmass from Xmas by the 27th and are left with a rotting stale air mass.

Every storm has been about "timing" in a crappy pattern...that's why they are crappy patterns because you need perfect timing with the two streams....zero margin for error. This has a solid chance to cut west or inland...I hope it doesn't and we are talking more snow by tomorrow or Christmas, but I'm just saying that this system really has very little operating room like just about every system thus far in December.

The airmass leading up to it is terrible as well. We advect out the cold airmass from Xmas by the 27th and are left with a rotting stale air mass.

What happens after it cuts is of interest to me, decent HP into Quebec with a dent in the NAO for a bit, digging Northern stream, it's a possible chance but of course......

Looked like it flipped to a nice snow here for awhile Tuesday afternoon/evening, but after today's debacle we'll have to see how heinous the boundary level is. It doesn't look like we torch too bad ahead of this maybe due to the offshore low helping to suppress heiights ahead of it.

But bottom line is this thread the needle stuff and shift it 50 miles changes things 100%.

GFS is an ugly rainstorm to the Canadian border. Some backside snow Dacks and Greens.

Not a peep out of JB since he had to admit the Sun/Mon event is not gonna trend west and phase. Silence all day....

That was always gonna be a crap shoot trying to time two jets for a phase...not sure how he could have been so confident.

This is what the pattern does to folks....everyone has taken on new personas; can't tell who in the hell is who, anymore.....folks are waffling like the DGEX.

People really need to get away and enjoy the holiday with family and come back with a different attitude because the ones that are here now are depressing

Need to get away, enjoy the holiday with family and then come back on Wednesday after this cutter that's going to go up OSUMetstud's fanny is out of the picture. Then we'll focus on the NYE storm. :weenie:

People really need to get away and enjoy the holiday with family and come back with a different attitude because the ones that are here now are depressing

Need to get away, enjoy the holiday with family and then come back on Wednesday after this cutter that's going to go up OSUMetstud's fanny is out of the picture. Then we'll focus on the NYE storm. :weenie:

White Christmas boys can I stay around long enough to enjoy my Windex event?

White Christmas boys can I stay around long enough to enjoy my Windex event?

Yes, I meant to stick that in there. Could be fun. But after that blows through, take time off ... discover the joys of Canada's Boxing Day, play board games with the grandkids, recalibrate your weather instruments and then come back on Wednesday refreshed and ready to tackle NYE. We need you rested and focused.

Yes, I meant to stick that in there. Could be fun. But after that blows through, take time off ... discover the joys of Canada's Boxing Day, play board games with the grandkids, recalibrate your weather instruments and then come back on Wednesday refreshed and ready to tackle NYE. We need you rested and focused.

I want a we live for this logo when I come back from my hiatus.

Archived