joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid Week Storm Threat 12/28

dryslot

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to flip us to snow here as we thread the needle....but sometimes these things don't work out as seen last night. LOL

It's a an interesting scenario because the big bomb that blows up offshore kind of acts as "quasi-blocking" and forces development at least along the coastal plain as opposed to a phased thing in the lakes.

Heck it looks interesting, but I can't waste four days on this.....

LOL... the Euro jackpots powderfreak and Jay with like a foot... soaking rain elsewhere.

Verbatim it looks like the Euro and GFS imply a sandwich storm here in the Berks (snow-rain-snow), provided BL temps aren't too warm of course. Euro would definitely be better than GFS as it gives us a nice parting shot of heavy snow on the backside for a few hours. Longitude will be more important than latitude this time, although elevation will be critical as well in these warm BL scenarios. However, as of now, I'm favoring a mostly rainer, even here. These southern stream storms have been a total torch this year without a -NAO or -EPO to supply some honest to goodness cold. I won't get excited about this one and then set myself up for a disappointment like last night's disaster.

I remember in late Dec/Jan 05-06 we had a really horrible pattern nationwide, but we pulled off a few decent wet snow events. They were more like something in the Spring, but hey it was snow... So maybe, just maybe something like the ECM can work for us a few times this winter.

Verbatim it looks like the Euro and GFS imply a sandwich storm here in the Berks (snow-rain-snow), provided BL temps aren't too warm of course. Euro would definitely be better than GFS as it gives us a nice parting shot of heavy snow on the backside for a few hours. Longitude will be more important than latitude this time, although elevation will be critical as well in these warm BL scenarios. However, as of now, I'm favoring a mostly rainer, even here. These southern stream storms have been a total torch this year without a -NAO or -EPO to supply some honest to goodness cold. I won't get excited about this one and then set myself up for a disappointment like last night's disaster.

That 3 inches of slop I received two weeks ago looks awfully good right about now. At the time it seems like a fail....

12/1-31.....total unadulterated dogsh*t. First month of met winter did what I had feared it would many months ago. Incidentally, anyone else noticing the squirrels looking much thinner this week? Kind of like saying...ok he fell for it once but it's no longer working....

The big ole goose egg for December is easily within reach for KBOS. And yes..so far..not one legit snowflake this month. Worst stretch I can ever remember. Just disgustingly incredible.

I believe BDL has a T as well. And this would be their 6th time in recorded history that December had a T or <. 5th time in 15 years lol.

I believe BDL has a T as well. And this would be their 6th time in recorded history that December had a T or <. 5th time in 15 years lol.

I was actually going to post this today.

BDL has a pretty good chance of leaving December with only a trace of snow. That's only happened 2 other times... '06-'07 and '27-'28.

Those winters had 20.5" and 24.0" of snow respectively for the season. Since we already have 12.5" for the season it's likely we won't be that bad... but pretty sobering numbers.

BDL has a pretty good chance of leaving December with only a trace of snow. That's only happened 2 other times... '06-'07 and '27-'28.

Those winters had 20.5" and 24.0" of snow respectively for the season. Since we already have 12.5" for the season it's likely we won't be that bad... but pretty sobering numbers.

What about '97-'98, '98-'99, and '99-'00? http://www.erh.noaa.gov/box/climate/bdlsnw.shtml Is this data wrong?

I still do not believe that 12.5". I'm going with 15"

But, other than that Oct storm, BDL has only 7.2" since 2/2. This season is beginning to feel like the '06-'07 season.

Models look nice for several chances of synoptic snow over the next 10 days along with a few light meso-scale snows...maybe winter is starting to wake up!

We have clipper/arctic fropa/upslope aided snows on Sunday night into Monday... potential snows Tue/Wed time frame... then another clipper/miller b type situation next weekend.

Models look nice for several chances of synoptic snow over the next 10 days along with a few light meso-scale snows...maybe winter is starting to wake up!

We have clipper/arctic fropa/upslope aided snows on Sunday night into Monday... potential snows Tue/Wed time frame... then another clipper/miller b type situation next weekend.

I assume you mean the mountains not the rest of us poor suckers.

it does look more active, but the midweek event i think it will be a rainer well up into canada, the pattern is absolutely hideous and that storm is surely coming west and the cold air is sure to be delayed.

Archived