joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid Week Storm Threat 12/28

dryslot

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eventually that sw energy has to come out, but the BL torches ahead of it so it's the usual problems. Phase and we probably rain. Unphased and I dunno how much of the southern moisture can fall into cold enough air. Some lucky people might manage another modest snowfall out of it all.

On the GFS it's more Tuesday afternoon/night now.

Looking at the models, Looks like we have a Miller B/Hybrid threat on 12/28, The question is where it trcak and will it be snow, Discuss..

Looking at the models, Looks like we have a Miller B/Hybrid threat on 12/28, The question is where it trcak and will it be snow, Discuss..

I don't think this system has a prayer for us, but I think the best chance would be to speed up the northern stream and try to cool things off in advance of the southern s/w. The problem is that there will be a wretched antecedent airmass in place while hoping for a cool down as the system is on top of us (sound familiar?). It's more than likely this is modeled more amplified with time and the EC op/ens are already wet so if I had to bet the house I'd say it's a rainer.

Yes, West will definitly be better, The mtns of the monads, greens, whites and possibly foothills look to have the best shot at this one

It could actually turn into a decent snow event for the spine of the Greens and west into the Dacks with lots of rain elsewhere.

Rain just about a lock for SNE though.

Really need the northern stream s/w to move faster. Otherwise, we're looking at two things: no reinforcement of cold air, and also we can't even really amplify much of a storm as the southern s/w gets squashed by the northern stream. As a result, all we really have is a relatively weak wave along a front, that might throw enough moisture back for some mountain man to get an inch of snow.

LOL, I know. Man for once it would be nice for something to trend positive.

It could. The timing of those s/ws is going to make all the difference. This will never be good for the CP but a better times northern and southern stream interaction could make things interesting for elevated interior.

Archived