e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Mid Week Storm Threat 12/28

dryslot

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12Z Euro looks like this an almost purely longitude event. Could be one of those deals where I'm ripping +SN for a bit on the backside while much of NH and ME is RA. Regardless, it would still be mostly rain here with a period of snow on the backside with wrap around and upslope. Cats, Dacks, and far Northern Greens look great. GFS definitely better if you want snow in far E NY, NW MA, S VT, and S NH.

We've endured plenty of gradient winters on these boards.

This isn't a gradient winter thus far...its an all around suckfest. You know its bad when BTV is still trailing BDL on Dec 24th. It would probably be tough on SNE folks to barely miss out on a huge 12" storm...but narrowly missing 2-5" glop storms doesn't quite have the same effect...it mostly is just emphasizing the futility of this pattern when the climatologically favored NNE is struggling to even get those events.

Hopefully it turns around for the whole region...but even if its just part of the region up north, that is at least good for skiing.

Yep! That's what I've been saying... we've had a few snow events recently (this last one BTV had nothing to the 3-6" snowfall in the mountain towns) but SNE is still way up there on snowfall from the October storm.

Honestly I think it was only this past storm where I passed ORH's snowfall total from October, lol.

lol...wow. 976 right over Mt Washington at 96hr. Probably a mix to +SN for powderfreak and the rest of NW VT.

That's too close for comfort... that's an Adirondacks snowstorm per the track. That reeks of mix/snow/rain followed by dryslot with some upslope on the wrap around. I've found that for this area to be in the best deformation the low goes over PWM or east of it.

I haven't looked at it though so I'm not really sure... just having that strong of a low so close by is probably not as good as it seems here based on my experience, unless we had a bunch of cold air to work with then maybe.

Archived