Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Mid Week Storm Threat 12/28

dryslot

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will are those clippers gonna go to our north? The Euro has the Friday clipper in NNE which would torch us. What other ones?

Well they would def favor NNE, but we could see a piece of them...Euro verbatim isn't very good, and I wouldn't put a ton of hope on them, but who knows. The 2nd one might have more potential.

Def best to keep expectations low in this pattern but at least an active northern stream might be able to slide something underneath us and keep lows weaker so we don't torch.

Powderfreak is still in the game on the GFS...as is O.L. of course in YUL. Most of Upstate NY is smoked, except of course the CD, but still flips to snow here for awhile as it passes by.....

GGEM was a;little east, but definitely better for ALB to BTV...

I think it could still slide a little east and get us into the game so I'll hang on till the oz runs anyway.

I would hate to see the snow level drop at the stake.

I thought this event looked a bit like the last one except a worse setup with greater potential to slice through NYS. So even a further SE setup than that would have me pessimistic for snow anywhere in NE except maybe far N VT...and of course the further NW setup is rain for just about everyone. At least on the bomb, N VT will get upslope behind it.

a bomb would wrap the colder air in and compress the temp gradient, no?

a bomb would wrap the colder air in and compress the temp gradient, no?

Yes but tilt it west so the temp gradient ends up more E/W. It would be good for the Adirondacks but not very good for anyone in NE...some ending snow and upslope though for Greens. Synoptically though, a phased bomb is bad for NE in this setup.

Yes but tilt it west so the temp gradient ends up more E/W. It would be good for the Adirondacks but not very good for anyone in NE...some ending snow and upslope though for Greens. Synoptically though, a phased bomb is bad for NE in this setup.

If we can keep it from a phase bomb we have a chance like a few runs have shown..

It'd be nice to see you get crushed by a monster low for once. You usually have to live through us on coastals. When was the last time you had a storm like the one modeled on the euro?

its been a long time that i have been in the jackpot for a big storm, off the top of my head i'd have to think back to the march 2008 blizzard that went up the Apps.

speaking of which, do you have the NARR renalysis link, not the homepage but the link to the actual maps, i cant find them from the homepage.

i lost all my links when my computer crashed before the winter.

I think it will. It looks like there is pretty good evidence that this will go to town in the Mid Atlantic and move NNE.

Yeah at this point is now the NAM vs the other guidance. Ukie/Euro/GGEM/GFS all phase it now...the exact track will keep it interesting for N VT...though not much wiggle room even there when talking about the synoptic stuff.

its been a long time that i have been in the jackpot for a big storm, off the top of my head i'd have to think back to the march 2008 blizzard that went up the Apps.

speaking of which, do you have the NARR renalysis link, not the homepage but the link to the actual maps, i cant find them from the homepage.

i lost all my links when my computer crashed before the winter.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/NARR/index.html

But they are all screwed up recently...every date goes to 11/30 of that year for some reason. It just starting doing this the other day...hopefully they fix the bug.

Whiteface looks to be in a very good spot right now out of all the ski resorts in the area.

Are you going to Gore? Whiteface and Gore look to get smoked.

I'm starting to think we are toast here... but honestly can't think about it. It is absolutely dumping snow right now... wow. Upslope machine is turned on in a big way. Everyone is saying "I thought we were only supposed to get flurries or a snow shower?" and there's going to be 2" of new since 10am here at the base in another 15-20 minutes.

Oh yeah White Face looks great. Course this thread is NE biased and I dunno if any of them ever go to NY ...this is the week to give our 3430 foot Vertical drop mountain a try. :) Also Tremblant north of the border looks great in this unless it trends east.

Between the storm and the LES to follow I can finally do some snowshoeing in the southwest Dacks near Caroga Lake, Inlet, etc. ..even if I get skunked here.

p>

Whiteface looks to be in a very good spot right now out of all the ski resorts in the area.

</p>

Euro had a excellent backside hit ...and think of all the Upslope to follow... So you won't do too badly one way or another... Hah unless it tracks to SYR or something.

I'm starting to think we are toast here... but honestly can't think about it. It is absolutely dumping snow right now... wow. Upslope machine is turned on in a big way. Everyone is saying "I thought we were only supposed to get flurries or a snow shower?" and there's going to be 2" of new since 10am here at the base in another 15-20 minutes.

im up in bolton landing right now, going back south on Friday. Skied gore yday and it was pretty good considering the lack of snow. Looking to hit up both gore and the face this week. I think whiteface looks a tad better right now than gore with this storm.

Draw a line from me to you and we in about the same boat with this one ..no pun. LOL East/West is all that matters since we have no antecedent cold air for a front end dump...although PF may in Stowe.

We are still in the game for something ....just nudge the track to like the CT Valley to nw ME/n NH.... I'll give up I guess if the Euro goes further west. ...or I should give u then, but hey I'm addicted. ;)

im up in bolton landing right now, going back south on Friday. Skied gore yday and it was pretty good considering the lack of snow. Looking to hit up both gore and the face this week. I think whiteface looks a tad better right now than gore with this storm.

Draw a line from me to you and we in about the same boat with this one ..no pun. LOL East/West is all that matters since we have no antecedent cold air for a front end dump...although PF may in Stowe.

We are still in the game for something ....just nudge the track to like the CT Valley to nw ME/n NH.... I'll give up I guess if the Euro goes further west. ...or I should give u then, but hey I'm addicted. ;)

Its funny how much elevation has played a role in this winter so far, even here at 400 feet I have a dusting of snow while just up the road at 1200, the landscape is white.

Archived