Newest Member
    joxey
December 23 Snow Obs Thread

dendrite

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers man--may your Yule be white!

Love NS. Beautiful part of the world and not really that far away. ;)

Thanks for the kind words. Ripping snow here now. 3" down and it's only been going for two hours and a bit. Can't wait to see my total at the end. Only thing that sucks is I still have last minute shopping to do. Oh well should make it interesting. Cheers all and stay safe.

Man it is just dumping big flakes right now as this deformation axis moves in... we are at 2.5" at 1,500ft and 3.2" at 3,600ft. Will probably finish with 3-4" total on the mountain.

Skiing is absolutely awesome and the snow caked trees everywhere definitely tickle the soul.

I find it hard to believe that it has been -RASN at BTV all morning. Granted it is probably a wet snow at 33F, but rain mixed in?

I find it hard to believe that it has been -RASN at BTV all morning. Granted it is probably a wet snow at 33F, but rain mixed in?

I think it has been raining there in the Champlain Valley... even at 600ft elevation. Very odd but check out these web cams from this morning:

WFO BTV at the airport:

A few miles east of there in Williston, VT (600ft-ish) at a relative high spot in the Champlain Valley:

Now go east to Bolton, VT on I-89 near the spine of the Greens but at a very low elevation of 320ft and its snowing:

Meanwhile... here's the Stowe Village cam at 800ft:

Archived