SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 23 Snow Obs Thread

dendrite

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temp up 2 deg since last post. Still no precip.

The air is actually milder in the BL than the surface right now...I just jumped 2F to 43F at the onset of the rain. The BL has to be cooled from the top down...an easier task up where you are than further south.

The air is actually milder in the BL than the surface right now...I just jumped 2F to 43F at the onset of the rain. The BL has to be cooled from the top down...an easier task up where you are than further south.

Yeah will, Can see that going on here as i was down to 28.7F earlier and have spiked up to 32F right now

That's some good news. Stuck on 37.8 for 90 minutes here...just no cold air being drawn down at all despite steady rain.

Oh and before that we were 38.1 for a few hours.....getting boring ..be nice to drop a few tenths of a degree for some variety. LOL

35 -SN in BUF...we'll be lucky to pull off measurable from the looks of the radar

Albany still at 41/40...GFL still at 38/38...really ugly obs from upstate NY for 12/23 at 1am. Saranac Lake is reporting light snow but I doubt the Dacks see enough precip for more than a 1-3" type of event. You know the pattern sucks when the Dacks and lake effect country can't buy more than a nuisance, DC-in-March type of slushy snow event.

That's some good news. Stuck on 37.8 for 90 minutes here...just no cold air being drawn down at all despite steady rain.

Oh and before that we were 38.1 for a few hours.....getting boring ..be nice to drop a few tenths of a degree for some variety. LOL

The BL is just fing torched...take a look at 925mb at the meso analysis.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/new/viewsector.php?sector=16#

Scott gave us the ability to add radar with UBB code now. Just select the Special BBcode icon, choose Insert Radar, and then enter the ID in all CAPS.

BUF_0.png

heh... I never even knew about that special bbcode icon.

To type it by hand, just type: [radar=BOX]

Eventually I'll figure out how to add a separate icon to make inserting the most commonly used images as quick as possible.

Archived