• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Late Fall & Early Winter

Allenson

Ugh, typing with fat thumbs on an IPhone ftl! Anyway, in Moretown there was a continuous light snow from 6:00 to when I left at 9:00. As I drove east back to Montpelier the snow stopped and I even saw stars. I then drove to the next party on Woodbury, which is northwest of Montpelier at the base of the Worcester Range on the eastern side. As I headed back toward the higher mountains it was snowing again and continued to snow lightly until I left at midnight. Heading east back to Barre I drove out of the snow as I got away from the mountains. It really points out the enhancing effects of the mountains. Powderfreak is in one of the great spots for this type of snowfall but it really does happen in a lot of places in this area.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keeping an eye on the possibility for some "surprise" flakes for the Seacoast later tonight as flow veers. HRRR, and to a lesser extent GFS and NAM, hint at some very minor accumulations after midnight. Delta Ts are approaching 20 degrees and "lake" induced CAPE values greater than 300 J/kg. Doesn't last very long before flow becomes a little disorganized, but there is a threat.

A great night with the wood stoves blasting and 9F outside with snow cover. Merry Christmas fellow C/NNEnglanders (and to everyone else who reads our threads). May Santa's present tomorrow morning show a mid week sub 980mb low moving NE through the CapeCod and give us a good dump of snow,

Merry Christmas,

Gene

-SN falling, no appreciable overnight accumulation.

We've been in South Burlington with family, but same thing over here – with some wind as well since it’s the Champlain Valley. I’ve been seeing general comments from BTV for accumulations in the 1 to 3 inch range for the event starting this afternoon - the alert bar for the hazardous weather outlook on the BTV NWS homepage highlights the current thoughts up pretty well:

25DEC11A.jpg

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTHERN NEW YORK...CENTRAL

VERMONT...NORTHEAST VERMONT...NORTHWEST VERMONT AND SOUTHERN

VERMONT.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT.

SNOW SHOWERS WILL DEVELOP OVER THE REGION BY THIS AFTERNOON...AND

OVERSPREAD THE NORTH COUNTRY THROUGH THE OVERNIGHT PERIOD. MOST

AREAS WILL PICK UP 1 TO 3 INCHES OF SNOW...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER

AMOUNTS IN THE HIGHER TERRAIN.

Awesome pics Allenson! Please post more, haha.

We just had a beautiful burst of snow move through the past hour and this is the fluffiest stuff yet... a quick half inch at the base and almost an inch up top already.

Cars in the lot are all white and snow covered again.

Tapered back to flurries as you can see on the radar (mountain makes up the county border of Lamoille/Chittenden) but we were under 1sm vis there for a while as that burst moved through.

2.1" since 10am at 1,500ft.

It is absolutely dumping. This is insane.

Dumping in town, too... vis looks low at 800ft:

And its dumping on I-89... Bolton cams show heavy snow.

This is going to be crazy as it shows no sign of letting up. I'm almost wondering if we verify low end warning amounts by tomorrow morning.

Wow! Did not expect that today. I'm speechless... just over 5" in the parking lot at 1,500ft between 10am-4pm.

Now I'm down in town and we've got around 4" of new snow today and it is still snowing. 3" from a trained spotter a couple hours ago makes sense.

...LAMOILLE COUNTY...

STOWE 3.0 246 PM 12/25 TRAINED SPOTTER

Archived