• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Late Fall & Early Winter

Allenson

That could help us evaporationally cool and perhaps that finger is where the frontogenesis will go to town. High game tonight? 181 was my highest ever but I stopped when I was like 12.

Yeah, Don't want to waste qpf, Little better then that.....lol, I have 2 300's sanctioned, But 631 series tonight high of 228..........

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just woke up--looks good out there. Haven't measured but it looks like 3-4" and still snowing. It'll be interesting to see who gets what. The various offices downplayed this but at least here, from looks alone, it's been an overproducer.

I knew we were in good shape when not long after I posted yesterday afternoon, it was down to 31-32F...

Just woke up--looks good out there. Haven't measured but it looks like 3-4" and still snowing. It'll be interesting to see who gets what. The various offices downplayed this but at least here, from looks alone, it's been an overproducer.

I knew we were in good shape when not long after I posted yesterday afternoon, it was down to 31-32F...

2.5" at my location when I left at 0545 and it was still snowing pretty good. As I traveled down it became less, I would say closer to an inch here in Lebanon/Hanover area.

I was a bit concerned I was up around 2:30 and it was just wet out there with wet snowflakes and maybe even some rain mixed in, but a couple hours later it looked great :)!!!

2.5" at my location when I left at 0545 and it was still snowing pretty good. As I traveled down it became less, I would say closer to an inch here in Lebanon/Hanover area.

I was a bit concerned I was up around 2:30 and it was just wet out there with wet snowflakes and maybe even some rain mixed in, but a couple hours later it looked great :)!!!

Thanks for the report, man. My holiday vacation starts today (Dartmouth is pretty much shut down now) but I'll be headed down yonder in just a bit for some West Leb retail madness. ;)

Very pretty out there. I'm thrilled.

Thanks for the report, man. My holiday vacation starts today (Dartmouth is pretty much shut down now) but I'll be headed down yonder in just a bit for some West Leb retail madness. ;)

Very pretty out there. I'm thrilled.

Enjoy your vacation!!! Mine starts this afternoon :)!!

Good luck with West Leb!!!

Happy Holidays!! And no better way then having a white Christmas, 3.0" on the ground.. :snowman:

Sweet. Was wondering how much you had down your way. Radar looked better than it does here. Haven't been able to measure but looks to be about 2" here so far and still snowing lightly.

My vacation begins at noon today with the company holiday party. Off until 1/3. Enjoy the snow and happy holidays to all. :santa::sled:

Mine started today, and will probably extend 2 weeks, as we're headed to Illinois right after Christmas, for some grandkid time (and daughter/son-in-law, of course. Ü )

Not quite 2.5" here with a few flakes still in the air. Clumps have begun falling off branches (trees are loaded) so temp might be up to 33 or so. Reports from south and north indicate I did okay - perhaps 1" more to he south, but 1-2" less to the north. Report from Halifax on the obs thread (5" and +SN) shows where the real jackpot is.

Ended up with 3" at 1,500ft and ski patrol called in 5" at the top of the Gondola at 4pm sweep. That 5" sounds good considering I had right around 4" up there around 11am and it continued to snow all afternoon (albeit lightly).

I find it funny that Jay Peak somehow had only a half inch this morning and now is showing 4-6" of new snow... with 23" in the past week. Somehow they were the furthest north and out of the best forcing and QPF, yet still managed to get higher amounts of snow than the rest of the ski areas, lol. My sister was up there on Tuesday and said they had about the same amount of snow on the ground as we did at Stowe when she picked up her pass on Monday afternoon, yet somehow we only got 7" in the past week. Didn't borderwx report a crusty 1" a few days ago up at 3,000ft when the Jay Peak website was saying 5"?

I really try to get as accurate measurements as possible to try and nip the "ski area marketing lies about snowfall" comments in the butt...and sometimes it is really easy to see when a true marketing person does the measuring ;)

5.5 from the Mansfield co-op so my 5" total for today up top has some verification. It is snowing lightly but steadily here this evening, we may be able to add another inch tonight if we are lucky.

DAILY HYDROMETEOROLOGICAL DATA

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BURLINGTON VT

539 PM EST FRI DEC 23 2011

STATION PRECIP TEMPERATURE PRESENT SNOW

24 HRS MAX MIN CUR WEATHER NEW TOTAL SWE

...VERMONT...

MOUNT MANSFIELD 0.52 26 12 12 5.5 7

Ended up with 3" at 1,500ft and ski patrol called in 5" at the top of the Gondola at 4pm sweep. That 5" sounds good considering I had right around 4" up there around 11am and it continued to snow all afternoon (albeit lightly).

I find it funny that Jay Peak somehow had only a half inch this morning and now is showing 4-6" of new snow... with 23" in the past week. Somehow they were the furthest north and out of the best forcing and QPF, yet still managed to get higher amounts of snow than the rest of the ski areas, lol. My sister was up there on Tuesday and said they had about the same amount of snow on the ground as we did at Stowe when she picked up her pass on Monday afternoon, yet somehow we only got 7" in the past week. Didn't borderwx report a crusty 1" a few days ago up at 3,000ft when the Jay Peak website was saying 5"?

I really try to get as accurate measurements as possible to try and nip the "ski area marketing lies about snowfall" comments in the butt...and sometimes it is really easy to see when a true marketing person does the measuring ;)

Well, Jay Peak is a suburb of Sherbrooke, so if they dont enhance their measurements a little, whos going to go there?

J. Spin/powderfreak special on the Euro.

12"+ of heavy wet snow Tuesday night

Thanks for the update; one of our patrollers at Bolton told me to take a look at the Euro when I was leaving this evening, so I knew something was up. I stepped through the snow mode in the Euro on the WunderMap when I got home and it summed to 10.6” for my location, and whatever algorithm is used there, that’s more than for any storm I’ve seen on there since I’ve started checking out that tool this season. Now whether that prognostication holds over the next few days is certainly a huge question mark like Blizz suggested, but a storm like that could really be a big boost for the local resorts over the holiday week (assuming the word gets out and people aren’t scared away by travel issues). At least this current storm helped out to get people a little inspired with some white in the mountains for the next couple of days.

Archived