joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Late Fall & Early Winter

Allenson

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, figured it was time for a new thread as we're turning the seasonal pages.

Pretty quiet for the time being but there are some hints at something next week, ah November.

Shot of a sweet squall from last November--things to look forward to:

5217622603_713ac4b7e9_z.jpg

Hopefully after this next mini torch next week, We start to flip the pattern to more winter like the last couple of weeks in November heading into December.... :snowman:

21F at the summit already... dropped from 40F yesterday evening with the passage of the FROPA. Here in town we're down to 34F with gusty NW winds. Fresh rime on the ridgeline of Mansfield but so far no tell-tale wisps of snowmaking coming off the upper mountain. It sounded like they were going to fire up the system here sometime in the next 24 hours. Nothing like that first day when you see the system cranking even from down in town.

Weather looks pretty boring overall for the next 2 weeks, and above normal in general. Ski areas are going to be pressed tight on their scheduled opening days without any sustained cold.

Trails are now white...view from town is sick right mow. As usual the Gondi trails are a lot more white than Quad side. Orographic snow usually favors Gondi area.

Good call by BTV today...

HAVE ALSO MENTION SOME LIGHT SNOW SHOWERS/FLURRIES DUE

TO 5H VORT...UPSLOPE FLW...AND WEAK RIBBON OF ENHANCED MOISTURE

SWING ACRS NORTH/CENTRAL VT. OVERALL DURATION OF FLURRIES/SNOW

SHOWER WL BE 20 TO 30 MINUTES...BUT THE GROUND COULD TURN WHITE

ACRS THE UPSLOPE REGIONS OF THE GREEN MTNS AND PARTS OF THE DACKS

FOR A TIME TODAY.

Police and DOT just closed RT 108 (Mountain Rd) through Smugglers Notch...can't go past the ski resort and have to find another way around the mountain.

Snowing nicely here again. Looks like it could turn into a snowy afternoon with the echoes upstream and moisture into the Spine. Not going to accum more than a dusting but nice to have mood snow.

Mountain could pick up a couple inches though.

Rippin' dipping dots type snow/grauple...it's funny how surfaces get white, then sun comes out for 5 minutes and it melts, then the next squall/shower moves in and process repeats.

The same thing is going on even down here in Burlington; we’ve had on and off snow all day, with breaks of blue sky in between. We just had another burst come through with graupel that was strong enough to coat parts of the ground white.

The same thing is going on even down here in Burlington; we’ve had on and off snow all day, with breaks of blue sky in between. We just had another burst come through with graupel that was strong enough to coat parts of the ground white.

Yep not impressive on radar but we are getting another ground coating of grauple mixed with flakes. Nice white coating again at Topnotch (950ft) on the Mountain Road.

today's visual. nice to see white again on the Mts. J has fired the guns up PF, blowing a deeper white over on stateside. under 30F before 6PM, brisk NW wind, woodstove firing away- feeling like fall now.

IMG_2631.jpg

Awesome photo! How can you say your pics are annoying people?! That God ray is sweet too haha.

Nice that Jay is making snow. We called off snowmaking this weekend due to the long range forecast of mild conditions...I'm not sure how I feel about that decision but it makes sense if the snow is just going to melt.

Awesome photo! How can you say your pics are annoying people?! That God ray is sweet too haha.

Nice that Jay is making snow. We called off snowmaking this weekend due to the long range forecast of mild conditions...I'm not sure how I feel about that decision but it makes sense if the snow is just going to melt.

Thanks man. never sure about internet ethics, hate to clog things up I guess, my issue to get over. Crazy afternoon light show with the "God rays" (I like that, never heard it called that before). I liked the rays on this one too. All the J's in the background, little, big, J, North (left to right)

IMG_2629-1.jpg

stateside will hold the snow now that the sun angle is craping out, first to stay, last to go. it looked like only the upper half was getting coated though

Archived