Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NNE Late Fall & Early Winter

Allenson

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

48F now...interesting little pocket of cold in the Lakes Region.

Yeah, whats that about??. I got up to 51F when it seemed everyone was warmer both north and south. Definately did not feel "warm" today. I was expecting to get well up in the 50's. Its 7pm and temp is holding about steady at 49F.

Yeah, whats that about??. I got up to 51F when it seemed everyone was warmer both north and south. Definately did not feel "warm" today. I was expecting to get well up in the 50's. Its 7pm and temp is holding about steady at 49F.

Looks like a little bit of insitu-CAD. We're starting to mix down S winds now and the temp has bumped up to 46F after falling to 43.5F an hour ago. There's a decent 10F temp gradient from here to CON.

Nice and warm last night at 1100 feet, low of 47.7F. Unlike yesterday when we were stuck in a pocket of cool air I should be able to enjoy the 50's to perhaps 60F. Its nice to not be using much wood to heat, one log at a time keeps the whole house warm. I think my low for the whole fall has been only around 27F at my altitude. Even my grass is still green.

Wow, some 60s already this morning in the St. Lawrence valley, 50s in the Champlain valley...and yet we're sitting at 39.

Cool wedge ftw. ;)

Nice! That's probably your elevated hollow doing the good work.

We only had a low of 44F here last night but that was just after midnight. Sprinkles, breeze, and clouds kept us up last night... it was already 50F when I went to work at 7am.

I'm not sure what it is at home now, but MVL is up to 62F (!) at 10am and it feels really warm up here at the ski resort. About to go into a meeting to find out our plan of attack for snowmaking. Ahhh early season woes.

Back to double-digit above seasonal norms today, after the weekend being only a bit above avg. Most Maine stations outside of the far north are AOA 60 at 1 PM. The month is about +4 so far, and might give Nov 2006 a run for the top, not just for my 1998-on records but for Farmington's, where 2006 is their mildest back thru 1893.

A sprinkle last evening, but essentially all this month's precip (1.48") fell in about 12 hr last Thurs-Fri, very weird for what is on average our cloudiest month, and the one with most frequent precip. (As measured by days with 0.01"+. If I measured hourly, the Nov. advantage would likely be even larger.)

Even 45.9/39.3 here at LSC at 1050ft..

Saw a 37 this morning from nearby Sutton, VT. Often a chilly spot though...

I think my low for the whole fall has been only around 27F at my altitude. Even my grass is still green.

I've been down to 18F here...at 1200'. We go calm very easily though here--surely the difference.

Grass is still green at the house too, although it's starting to fade in color.

Nice! That's probably your elevated hollow doing the good work.

Gotta say, I was very surprised when I got up this morning and saw 39. When I went to bed it was breezy and still in the mid-40s but the wind settled down apparently and had just enough clearing to cool off.

PWM has an outside shot of a new record high today. Current record is 65F set in 1994. It's already 54F at PWM. Many are going Kevorkian over this torcherous wx, but it really doesn't bother me. I don't expect real snow here until December, so it's not unsettling to me to have days of 60+.

yes, but we really need to start getting some frost in the ground. Snowmobile trails will be like a few years ago when we had no real cold then a bunch of snow = mud.

yes, but we really need to start getting some frost in the ground. Snowmobile trails will be like a few years ago when we had no real cold then a bunch of snow = mud.

Ok, I understand your angst then. I'm not a snowmobiler, so whether the ground is frozen or not means nothing to me. I suppose in the same vein that anglers would like the lakes to get a good slab of ice on them before any snow falls.

Looks like more transient cold after fropa on thurs on the models, Then there is a potential winter threat here early next weeek that has a swfe look to it at the moment which could easily become a miller b type storm with some cold air in place could get interesting once again like octobers storm, We shall see..

Looks like more transient cold after fropa on thurs on the models, Then there is a potential winter threat here early next weeek that has a swfe look to it at the moment which could easily become a miller b type storm with some cold air in place could get interesting once again like octobers storm, We shall see..

Scott would call it a "sneaky" snow threat. I'd like a white T-day, but it's pretty far out there. We'll see what the models have in store for us today.

Scott would call it a "sneaky" snow threat. I'd like a white T-day, but it's pretty far out there. We'll see what the models have in store for us today.

Yeah, Its looks to be on Tuesday, The models are flopping around, But its a threat, 7 days out you can take it with a grain of salt, But it beats tracking warm and rain..

Hardly made it down to 50 overnight, with just enough rain (0.02") to wet the ground. My avg low for 11/15 is 26, and the avg mean for the date, 34.5, is cooler than any day since 10/30. Can you say "+20"?

Given the usual pre-pattern-change model behavoir of continuing to push anything good further out in time, I'll curb my enthusiasm until the threat get swell inside 100 hr.

Some photos from today....

All ready to go, Mother Nature just needs to cooperate.

The measly snow left from Friday's attempt at snowmaking... you know its warm when you have trouble keeping snow around even at 3K-4K feet. I was able to drive all the way to the summit on the Toll Road this afternoon to see what was left of the snow.

Some photos from today....

All ready to go, Mother Nature just needs to cooperate.

The measly snow left from Friday's attempt at snowmaking... you know its warm when you have trouble keeping snow around even at 3K-4K feet. I was able to drive all the way to the summit on the Toll Road this afternoon to see what was left of the snow.

You guys are going to be hurting thanksgiving weekend with this weather pattern....... :thumbsdown:

Archived