Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
2011 Winter Banter Thread

yoda

How is that different from Wes 1-3? Wes and HM did the same thing

i think wes said 1-2". ;)

im not here to bash hm and of course not west but i know how this place works... yeah a good clipper can produce 1-2, 1-3, but we generally don't know that 5 days out. i think this winter is getting to people and making them go out on limbs they dont normally go out on.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, I'm not trying to call anyone out. It doesn't bother me at all, and neither does the complaining (as long as it's funny ;) ). This place is the best weather board out there, with some of the best mets in the country posting, but it wouldn't be fun if it was strictly 100% weather talk all the time.

I was simply making an observation. ;)

All good ;)

Mods, can we ban the words "torch" and "warminista"? I just checked and they have just become the two most overused words in the English language...on top of the fact they are weenie words. Thanks.

No.........this isn't an AMS forum.....we can have banter here if we want.

Mods, can we ban the words "torch" and "warminista"? I just checked and they have just become the two most overused words in the English language...on top of the fact they are weenie words. Thanks.

let's get back to talking about stratospheric warming

Your graphics suck. At least with the Euro, we can fantasize that the warm anamoly is only a hair over 9F.

post-109-0-31286700-1326474774.jpg

Maybe the euro weekly graphic explains why some were going for a patten change, they might have misread the white as minus 9 anomalies instead of plus 9 or greater. They're both white and snow is white. The warmth of that forecast is astounding.

Maybe the euro weekly graphic explains why some were going for a patten change, they might have misread the white as minus 9 anomalies instead of plus 9 or greater. They're both white and snow is white. The warmth of that forecast is astounding.

And matched by just as large an area of cold in Alaska.

Archived