12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
October Banter/ Disco

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blizz should win. the 2 neutral sites at 1450' were 59 and 57. Chester Hill and Goshen. You're 400' below both of those sites.

Makes sense since the Peru site at 2k was 55F for a high.

Can't be ..GC folks are never wrong. Ever.

Have you noticed that though? All the GC folks never admit when they are wrong..I mean I love to argue in good nature..but when i'm wrong I admit I busted..They never , will ever say..hey we were wrong..or maybe my thermo does run too cold..or maybe NWS service forecasts aren't 100% accurate..It's almost like they snub their noses at the rest of us.

No way it was 55F at 1060 feet or whatever is was there.

Say what you will. And as far as the Home Deport thermometer--I will acknowledge it's possible shortocmings on accuracy. Of course, Kevin doesn't believe my DP2 readings eather.

My take on it was the colder in VT (I"m 8 miles south as the crow flys) might, just might have ticked below the magic line that divides the GMS from the Bay State. Certainly wn't be the first time that's happened. And maybe, just maybe the fact that it was raining here from 10:30-3:30 may have had an efffect of keeping it cooler than those other sites (in case you hadn'lookd at the radar much there was a band about 8 miles wide that ran from Glens Falls, right through the Pit and continue to the SE from there. It didn't waiver from that line.

As far as the Chester Hill site, I'm 30 miles north of there.

And a final point regarding my readings (I hope we don't have to keep revisiting this), I never hear claims that my readings can't be right when I'm showing temps 10* higher than surrounding sties in the mornings. These include sites both higher than me and lower and located in all directions..

I'll let you in on a little secret: I resite my station into dense shade during the day time. And then at night, do you know what I do? I actually move it onto the deck and place it outside a window so the warmth of the house can filter through the window and keep it extra warm.

But I guess you're onto me and Kevin is right:. Tolland and GC really do have the same weather after all.

:arrowhead:

It's 52 on the HD special this morning. But, cearly that can't be right because look at all those sites that are 800' below me--surely I should be much cooler than them. In fact, Tolland is coming in at 50. We're the same of course, so I better change my report and say I'm 50 (I feel the need to stay in synch with Kevin).

Say what you will. And as far as the Home Deport thermometer--I will acknowledge it's possible shortocmings on accuracy. Of course, Kevin doesn't believe my DP2 readings eather.

My take on it was the colder in VT (I"m 8 miles south as the crow flys) might, just might have ticked below the magic line that divides the GMS from the Bay State. Certainly wn't be the first time that's happened. And maybe, just maybe the fact that it was raining here from 10:30-3:30 may have had an efffect of keeping it cooler than those other sites (in case you hadn'lookd at the radar much there was a band about 8 miles wide that ran from Glens Falls, right through the Pit and continue to the SE from there. It didn't waiver from that line.

As far as the Chester Hill site, I'm 30 miles north of there.

A point that was totally ignored. It was not a homogenous atmosphere as some have claimed, there was in fact a ribbon of steady precip right through Franklin county that persisted through the typically warmest part of the day. Using the Peru site's recorded high of 55 or my high of 56 as evidence that there is no way you maintained a high of 55 ignores the fact that we had an hour or two of brightened skies and even a break of sun when you still had rain and low clouds. It's no use fighting though Mike, the Easterners (and southerners in the case of Blizz) all seem to know what went on here despite living far far away. Both Chris and I , who were here and observed the weather with our own eyes (and sensors) believe you and that's what's really important.

I dunno. I feel like giving Mike a hug or something. :hug:

hurtyhurts thread :(

H8ters gonna h8

QCers gonna QC.

:lol:

LOL. I think Pete, Chris, and I will start our own OBS/Banter discussino for GC. A place where we can discuss and enjoy our weather without harrassment from the riff-raff from the east and south. We'll invite some of you to join (HubbDave, can be a welcome, sympathetic, and parcipatory member.) :)

Holy hell what a torch on the Euro and GFS. Euro supports widespreasd 80's for a few days early next week. Just a disaster coming up days 6-15..and if the GFS is right..alot longer than that

It will be helpful to have some good weather while we're getting rid of all these damn leaves. Thank God I wil have my Davis back up to record it all........

LOL. I think Pete, Chris, and I will start our own OBS/Banter discussino for GC. A place where we can discuss and enjoy our weather without harrassment from the riff-raff from the east and south. We'll invite some of you to join (HubbDave, can be a welcome, sympathetic, and parcipatory member.) :)

We should just start a "DBM"like board where we can make catty remarks about posters that we don't like.

What's DBM?

By the way--I think someone should do a QC check on the Peru and Goshen sites. I think they're running a little warm.

It's a site that was started a few years ago, allegedly for benign purposes, for Euswx and now Amwx posters to go. Evidently now it is nothing more than a repository for hate speak about NE'ers and other despised posters here. I've thought about trying to join but I don't want these people to have anymore info on me than they already have. After poor Cheetah440 had his private info leaked out after an AP altercation, Name, property taxes, place of employment etc, I don't trust the powers that be to have more info from me.

It's a site that was started a few years ago, allegedly for benign purposes, for Euswx and now Amwx posters to go. Evidently now it is nothing more than a repository for hate speak about NE'ers and other despised posters here. I've thought about trying to join but I don't want these people to have anymore info on me than they already have. After poor Cheetah440 had his private info leaked out after an AP altercation, Name, property taxes, place of employment etc, I don't trust the powers that be to have more info from me.

That's craziness. I'll stick to the good-natured ribbing and envy that is so prevalent here.

And--lest people think you and I are birds of a feather, I do envy the extra snow you get. You're positioned right in line with streamers coming off Ontario. The follow the natural line that the Pike follows. The trajectory of the best winds has those head just to my south and over you.

While many here are seemingly fixated on torches, this week will feature highs in the mid 50's with several chances for more frost. Here in GC at least. Nice.

Actually, the cold this time around is centered more east and northeast of you, so areas near BOS will probably be closer to GC temps then they normally are. Places like Bangor and up through Caribou will be in the 40s.

The no life trolls on this board make me want to puke. Most of them must be upset about their own life subconsciously because they spend an extreme amount of time putting other people down.

A point that was totally ignored. It was not a homogenous atmosphere as some have claimed, there was in fact a ribbon of steady precip right through Franklin county that persisted through the typically warmest part of the day. Using the Peru site's recorded high of 55 or my high of 56 as evidence that there is no way you maintained a high of 55 ignores the fact that we had an hour or two of brightened skies and even a break of sun when you still had rain and low clouds. It's no use fighting though Mike, the Easterners (and southerners in the case of Blizz) all seem to know what went on here despite living far far away. Both Chris and I , who were here and observed the weather with our own eyes (and sensors) believe you and that's what's really important.

The real "Circle of Trust " ?

Archived