Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter/ Disco

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it snowed there today actually.

Have you noticed that though? All the GC folks never admit when they are wrong..I mean I love to argue in good nature..but when i'm wrong I admit I busted..They never , will ever say..hey we were wrong..or maybe my thermo does run too cold..or maybe NWS service forecasts aren't 100% accurate..It's almost like they snub their noses at the rest of us.

Blizz should win. the 2 neutral sites at 1450' were 59 and 57. Chester Hill and Goshen. You're 400' below both of those sites.

Wrong, Chester Hill is considerably farther south and even Goshen is a bit south of MPM. I was in Conway this afternoon where the rain and low clouds hung on longer as the band slipped slowly north. To the south skies brightened and a few peaks of sun were noted when we were down in Northampton. MPM is an honorable man and his number is no doubt accurate and correct. Blizz FTL even with his twisting from 60 down to 57. BTW the High here 56.4.

Can't be ..GC folks are never wrong. Ever.

Finally you've said something that is correct.

Have you noticed that though? All the GC folks never admit when they are wrong..I mean I love to argue in good nature..but when i'm wrong I admit I busted..They never , will ever say..hey we were wrong..or maybe my thermo does run too cold..or maybe NWS service forecasts aren't 100% accurate..It's almost like they snub their noses at the rest of us.

Almost?!!!

Wrong, Chester Hill is considerably farther south and even Goshen is a bit south of MPM. I was in Conway this afternoon where the rain and low clouds hung on longer as the band slipped slowly north. To the south skies brightened and a few peaks of sun were noted when we were down in Northampton. MPM is an honorable man and his number is no doubt accurate and correct. Blizz FTL even with his twisting from 60 down to 57. BTW the High here 56.4.

No way it was 55F at 1060 feet or whatever is was there.

I admitted when I was wrong about saying no more 80F, but of course I'm not in MA God's Country.

No way it was 55F at 1060 feet or whatever is was there.

Really, you were there? I was just a few miles south at the Hilltown Fall Festival in Conway through 2:30 or so and it was low clouds,sheet drizzle and raw. The thermo in the Jetta said 56 when we left for Northhampton. You guys are just displaying a clear bias against those of us that live in GC. There is plenty of land, you guys could always move here you know. Well, that is, if you pass the community vetting process.

That's total BS as well. When BOX had me progged for a solid 18" snowfall and we didn't see a flake, just a raging virga storm overhead, I was the first to admit it. I even expressed shock and disbelief.

Really, you were there? I was just a few miles south at the Hilltown Fall Festival in Conway through 2:30 or so and it was low clouds,sheet drizzle and raw. The thermo in the Jetta said 56 when we left for Northhampton. You guys are just displaying a clear bias against those of us that live in GC. There is plenty of land, you guys could always move here you know. Well, that is, if you pass the community vetting process.

I specialize in QC...I consult in that work, even overseas. I do this all the time.

I don't need anecdotel evidence when people dispute me. I use real data when doing it and a knowledge of the atmosphere at the time of the data in question. Saying that 1060 feet just ENE of Peru at 2000 feet (who had a high of 55F) in a relatively uniform atmosphere is a very easy call. Maybe they hit 57F...that is not horribly far off, but using an inferior thermometer reading from a volkswagon jetta or anecdotel evidence is worth nearly nothing to me. Saying they had the same reading as a place not far at 2k in this atmosphere setup is an easy cross-off.

I do not mean to be harsh, but every time someone wants to dispute QC with me, I will ask for real data that is actually worth something.

But it snowed in Alaska last week..so our first flakes should be coming in a week or 2. Our wx closely resembles Central Alaska

I know it is an extremely rare event for you to see snow before Thangsgiving but here it is really expected. Just because the Cowboys lost and are looking pathetic there is no need to lash out. My team lost a close one today and you don't see me pouting. Man up.

Community vetting process ? What would constitute a quorum there if Wildlife were to be excluded ?

I specialize in QC...I consult in that work, even overseas. I do this all the time.

I don't need anecdotel evidence when people dispute me. I use real data when doing it and a knowledge of the atmosphere at the time of the data in question. Saying that 1060 feet just ENE of Peru at 2000 feet (who had a high of 55F) in a relatively uniform atmosphere is a very easy call. Maybe they hit 57F...that is not horribly far off, but using an inferior thermometer reading from a volkswagon jetta or anecdotel evidence is worth nearly nothing to me. Saying they had the same reading as a place not far at 2k in this atmosphere setup is an easy cross-off.

I do not mean to be harsh, but every time someone wants to dispute QC with me, I will ask for real data that is actually worth something.

:lol:

Cowboys making you cranky?

I hit 57F, local WxBug thermo had a 57F high, local PdFamily had a 57 high...for once, they all agreed on something. I am usually reading off a degree or 2 either way

I know it is an extremely rare event for you to see snow before Thangsgiving but here it is really expected. Just because the Cowboys lost and are looking pathetic there is no need to lash out. My team lost a close one today and you don't see me pouting. Man up.

I'm not too upset about that. I expected them to be 9-7..maybe 8-8. The Yankees however I am quite irritated about

Well, frankly, you have no data from Mike's specific locale. Having lived here most of my life I know how highly variable temps can be from one side of a hill to the other. Now, of course I will defer to you on this as it is your area of expertise. However, I think it is clear that Kevin lost on this one but if you want to champion your pals inaccurate assertion that's your business. Knowing MPM personally, I have no reason to doubt him. As far as the accuracy of the Jetta thermo, I have often wondered how accurate it is. I have pulled over at the 1900' Peru site (I am there typically twice a day) and checked the current Wunderground temp on my smart phone against the Jetta and Tundra's thermo and they have always been dead on. Does this mean the thermos are deadly accurate?No. But certainly not as far off as you seem to imply.

Well, frankly, you have no data from Mike's specific locale. Having lived here most of my life I know how highly variable temps can be from one side of a hill to the other. Now, of course I will defer to you on this as it is your area of expertise. However, I think it is clear that Kevin lost on this one but if you want to champion your pals inaccurate assertion that's your business. Knowing MPM personally, I have no reason to doubt him. As far as the accuracy of the Jetta thermo, I have often wondered how accurate it is. I have pulled over at the 1900' Peru site (I am there typically twice a day) and checked the current Wunderground temp on my smart phone against the Jetta and Tundra's thermo and they have always been dead on. Does this mean the thermos are deadly accurate?No. But certainly not as far off as you seem to imply.

I didn't say blizz won, I just said it wasn't 55F at MPM's local. That was nearly impossible. Maybe he had a fluke of nature and produced that temp.

Hubbdave's temp at similar latitude and elevation in a homogeneous atmosphere actually matches my 57F thinking very well. You even said your own place was 56.4F higher up by 350 feet. You aren't convincing me it was 55F just barely NE of you at 350 feet lower unless there was a clear boundary in place which there definitely wasn't today.

Archived