joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter/ Disco

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least high pressure will be overhead, so it looks like mid days with relatively cool nights and no swampazz. I don't see a super torch, but it will be warmer then normal for sure.

I may not be humid, but its a torch nonetheless, one thing seems certain, warm over performs lately.....I was joking about the cool air being a bust this weekend, it snowed in the deep south, it was just an odd setup what can you do. Mid month is classic stuff like you said......warm sunny days and cool dry nights :thumbsup: Yesterday and today look to be above normal departures for the south coast and perhaps eastern new england, some cold weekend, gc looks normal at best yet some are touting it as an arctic outbreak. I fear people wont be able to handle this winter if any REAL COLD weather greets sne LOL

With what the Euro and GFS are progging 80-85 will occur in the valleys and usual torch spots..perhaps for 4-5 days in a row

The Euro has been flip-flopping regarding the presence of the ULL over the Canadian Maritimes; the 12z ECM yesterday wasn't as aggressive in bringing the torch because we had the low to our northeast, whereas the 0z ECM was warmer in New England. The GFS has generally moved that low pressure out more quickly, resulting in a warm spell of more magnitude.

Yeah I could see 80 by next weekend but that's a total torch... +15. Hard to get days and days of that!

564 thicknesses with a nw wind and yeah some areas could touch 80, but sun is getting weaker and I'd like to see a good downslope nw wind for that. With high pressure close by....mixing may be cut down a bit too....but that's getting picky to analyze this early. I have no problem with the mild weather, but just keep the humidity out.

564 thicknesses with a nw wind and yeah some areas could touch 80, but sun is getting weaker and I'd like to see a good downslope nw wind for that. With high pressure close by....mixing may be cut down a bit too....but that's getting picky to analyze this early. I have no problem with the mild weather, but just keep the humidity out.

Yeah days and days of 80 will be tough.

Kevin has already moved the goal posts down to 77.

Archived