• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter/ Disco

Baroclinic Zone

28 degrees now in Snowshoe, WV. 32 in Canaan Valley where I was last April in that early month snow event. That is truly "GC south". :snowman: Canaan Valley is at like 3500 feet at the base lodge/hotel.....

That's awesome. Up to 54 in this GC at 1:30. Going to try to get to Mike's Corn Maze now. It's been raining for the last 3.5 hours, but finally the band of rain seems to be dissipating.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should I start taking your foecasts literally? Conditions posted below. Let's stop the sillly argument and we'll see what plays out. 52 is the p/c high, you say 60. So, if I come in over 56 the KEV forecast is right and the BOX forecast is wrong (since in your mind, right and wrong are all relative since we can't take them literally).

Why didn't you mention how the temps busted WARM today? Your forecast was only 52* I believe. :P

I'm not taking them literally as Kevin suggested. So, based on the over/under 56 I postited above, it's not a bust.

55 was tops here also. I understand from a friend below ALB that the HV broke out into beautiful sunshine today, but not here. Brief brightening for a bit and now steel gray overcast again.

We had rain of varying intensity from 10:30 until 3:30. Just cloudy now. There was a narrow line that didn't budge from the CT/RI/MA corner to Glens Falls, ftl.

We could get a burst of rain this evening/tonight. Jet streak around 300mb is developing and wrapping up around the closed low which should put areas south of the Pike in the left exit region tonight for a period of time starting in NYC metro now and then extending NE toward E Mass. Looks like things begin to pinch off as the jet streak gets shunted east so the heaviest may be over southwestern NE as a PV anomaly breaks off and rolls NE even though the model QPF field are showing very little.

I like these cold shots that drop due south out of Quebec. It probably won't verify this cold, but it will at least be anther brisk taste of fall before the Columbus weekend sultries.

post-3-0-02046000-1317594541.gif

For some reason my browser isn't displaying most of the images posted... says they've been resized but nothing shows up and I can't click to enlarge them.

Archived