joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter/ Disco

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Models are also building the cold in western Canada too, at the beginning of the month. It may mean more of a mild spell for us, but nothing like we endured with the swamp azz. Perhaps that cold moves in mid month or so.

I'm expecting Oct to come in above average even though the first few days will be cold. Though we cannot count out a big flip int he pattern the final 10-14 days, but from what I see right now, it looks like a general above avg regime wants to be in place after the cold snap.

I'm expecting Oct to come in above average even though the first few days will be cold. Though we cannot count out a big flip int he pattern the final 10-14 days, but from what I see right now, it looks like a general above avg regime wants to be in place after the cold snap.

Above avg, sure.....but it shouldn't be like the crap of the past week.

Yeah I think I agree with you there. I don't really see a below avg regime right now, other than maybe transient cold shots. Seems like we are behaving like many Nina/-PDO falls should behave. Perhaps maybe something changes later in the month, but my take is that it's probably a good thing to get nw and nrn Canada cold and develop the snowpack for any possible assault down the road in November and December. I know you feel that way too. I don't have a problem with a warmer than normal October. I also don't think it will be way above normal either.

Yeah I think I agree with you there. I don't really see a below avg regime right now, other than maybe transient cold shots. Seems like we are behaving like many Nina/-PDO falls should behave. Perhaps maybe something changes later in the month, but my take is that it's probably a good thing to get nw and nrn Canada cold and develop the snowpack for any possible assault down the road in November and December. I know you feel that way too. I don't have a problem with a warmer than normal October. I also don't think it will be way above normal either.

Cool.

I was def. talking out of my azz because I have looked at nothing, but I'm just betting against 70* DPs for the better portion of the next few weeks.

Cool.

I was def. talking out of mjy azz because I have looked at nothing, but I'm just betting against 70* DPs for the better portion of the next few weeks.

It's still possible to get a bout of semi swampazz with dews in the low-mid 60s. Waters are still warm, and the gulf is still bath water. But yeah, I think we can put away the true swamp azz for the season, after this weekend. We'll still have some warm days though. Warmth in October is truly comfortable. 68-74ish or so is pleasant and the nights cool off.

Gee, that's too bad... a notable local Met has studied Oct relationship to DJF and shown a positive correlation.

October seems like a toss up to me. I'm just not sure how we have enough sample sizes of reliable data to figure out a notable correlation. Not only do you have the seasonal shuffle, but you also probably need to weigh in how ENSO is trending...not just what state its in at the current moment. Factor all that in, and it seems tough to have a great idea of what's going to happen from Dec-Feb with October as a whole. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Cool.

I was def. talking out of my azz because I have looked at nothing, but I'm just betting against 70* DPs for the better portion of the next few weeks.

Well saying above normal in October is a lot different than saying we'll have 70F dewpoints. By the time we get into mid-October, these numbers would be breaking records for positive departures. Climo alone would argue severely against soupy subtropical airmasses in mid October even if we are above average for that time of year.

Archived