• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October Banter/ Disco

Baroclinic Zone

Ensembles looked mild for a couple of days, but maybe turning a little more wet near mid month?

Ensembles were trying to show the Aleutian ridge beefing up into Kamchatka and Bering region way down the road. Hopefully thats a sign of change for later this cold season. We've had a lot of lower height anomalies up there recently which would be a disaster in the winter.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We busted arss all day then at 330 had a long deserved break with a TV on, we turned on NESN and it was the bottom of the ninth from last night on. Man the jokes were flying from both sides, builds good team bonding though, just hilarious the stuff people come up with. One guy almost had another non sports guy bet that the Sox would lose, cmon man two outs no one on Sox up 3-2, I will drop a hundie betcha the Sox lose, funny sh it.

Earlier in the year some of the guys were bragging about the sox smoking the yankees. The payback today was almost painful, I can't repeat it here. I don't really care about baseball but man was it funny and brutal.

We busted arss all day then at 330 had a long deserved break with a TV on, we turned on NESN and it was the bottom of the ninth from last night on. Man the jokes were flying from both sides, builds good team bonding though, just hilarious the stuff people come up with. One guy almost had another non sports guy bet that the Sox would lose, cmon man two outs no one on Sox up 3-2, I will drop a hundie betcha the Sox lose, funny sh it.

I was a little beer buzzed Labor Day w/e and just to be difficult I bet someone 10 bucks the Red Sox wouldn't make the playoffs. (Even though their my team).

I had completely forgotten about it and he texted me today to say he was buying the beer next time. lol

Honestly they deserved nothing and I'm happy for the Rays.

Ensembles were trying to show the Aleutian ridge beefing up into Kamchatka and Bering region way down the road. Hopefully thats a sign of change for later this cold season. We've had a lot of lower height anomalies up there recently which would be a disaster in the winter.

I'm ready for it after last night. Bring it on.....I know we have several more weeks at least, but I enjoy the October fall in temps.

I see the mega torch is s till on days 8-10..

Please can we have it cool for the marathon on the 15th. Hopefully some ensemble support for that

You are probably screwed. Though you can hope for a progressive trough to come through, but I'm doubting that. Torch really doesn't happen until after d9-10. Its still really chilly on D8 and pretty cool on D9....even D10 might only be kind of seasonal.

A lot of warmth built up to our west and as soon as the deep trough to our NE snaps...we'll be flooded with positive departures for several days.

I'm just worried days 14-15 are..if you extrapolate

Yeah...but I'm fine with back and forth swings of above normal to below. The pattern the last 2 weeks has been wretched. It's difficult to get into the autumn mood when every day has dews of 60F+. I remember, as a kid, all of the warm days in Oct 1995 and thinking winter would never come.

Good luck with your marathon.

They probably would be...still time for it to change, but there's a lot of support for a pretty warm period in there and it seems like the middle of the month is the target for that.

Warm autumns are just awful I guess we knew this autumn would torch like this, but it just makes the mood depressing. Nothing but endless warmth , leaves way behind schedule depsite pictures of leaves from last year some are posting..No chilly air for October playoff baseball..let's just hope things flip as we head into Novie

Warm autumns are just awful I guess we knew this autumn would torch like this, but it just makes the mood depressing. Nothing but endless warmth , leaves way behind schedule depsite pictures of leaves from last year some are posting..No chilly air for October playoff baseball..let's just hope things flip as we head into Novie

It's really foolish for you to comment on foliage. You live in a semi-tropical locale. Your leaves will still be on the trees when the first of many sleet storms you'll have to endure hits. After a while the hiss of PL on the dry, brown oak leaves will drive you mad. Fortunately, some of us live in snowy places where the leaves are already nearing peak. You can deny it all you want but the fact remains, the leaves here are pouring down and the first flakes of the season aren't far behind. Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit brighter and I'll be able to get more fresh pics to show how little you know about life in GC.

It's really foolish for you to comment on foliage. You live in a semi-tropical locale. Your leaves will still be on the trees when the first of many sleet storms you'll have to endure hits. After a while the hiss of PL on the dry, brown oak leaves will drive you mad. Fortunately, some of us live in snowy places where the leaves are already nearing peak. You can deny it all you want but the fact remains, the leaves here are pouring down and the first flakes of the season aren't far behind. Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit brighter and I'll be able to get more fresh pics to show how little you know about life in GC.

Yawn.

I'm not that impressed with foliage thus far...both from the pics and driving up on the ridge lines north of here. Definitely seems like a below average year thus far.

Sleep deprivation blows :(

I notice you've completely circumvented us calling you out about that foliage pic you posted being from last year. LOL. At least be honest about what you're posting

Yawn. I'm not that impressed with foliage thus far...both from the pics and driving up on the ridge lines north of here. Definitely seems like a below average year thus far.

I haven't been at all impressed in Rindge; the years with mild autumns, especially when they are wet, inevitably have the worst foliage. I remember Middlebury had almost no foliage in Fall 2006; the foliage was also mediocre when the impressive October 2007 torch arrived. October 2008, with the fairly mild September and then a rapid flip to crisp weather, had some of the best foliage I can remember. Most of the maples here are just a tepid yellow with fringes of brown...I'm not too surprised as ORH is +3.1 for September now. It's amazing how we had gotten back to normal with the cold shot but have rapidly moved into extreme warm departures. As I said in early September, most of SNE will finish September 3-4F above normal.

I notice you've completely circumvented us calling you out about that foliage pic you posted being from last year. LOL. At least be honest about what you're posting

I think I remember that picture from last year, thus I'm a bit incredulous of any claim that it's this September. I am at 1300' in SW NH and don't have foliage nearing that level. Departures have been pretty similar across SNE as Albany, NY at the extreme western end of our zone is at +2.9F for the month, and I don't believe Pete's natural climate could be that much colder.

Archived