e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
October Banter/ Disco

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely perfect day out there, delightful breeze and warm early autumn sun, the sky early this morning was exceptionally blue. Oh my torchey, I will miss you sooo, but it is now time for the folk of western mass, those that inhabit the alpine slopes of the mighty Berkshires to pump there chest with pride as seasonable to cooler than normal weather finally filters into southern new england.

I will miss you torchey, the way you got under peoples skin even though its September, I will miss your warm sun kissing my dark skin, the way you make our lawns and gardens grow. Somehow torchey, you have altogether missed the Alpiniac lands known as Gods Country, for its been cool and crisp for months actually winter has never left the hinterlands.

I will miss the beach, the scantily clad co~eds, mini skirts and tube tops, eating outside, the smell of cooking cow filling the sweet humid air. I know, that you will once again show your face torchey, sometime mid month, but by that time you will have lost some of your fight oh oh oh torchey :( You will always be #2 behind dandy the dendrite, his dendritical deliciousness brings the most pleasure to my heart, even though it will be some time before he floats down from the heavens making music as he dances on the crisp fallen leaves, the sound only heard once a year.

Torchey your numbers will be impressive when they are added up tonight for the month of September, some will deny them, claim you never existed, but I know you did, thank you Torchey.....but now its time for football #~28 and hotties dressed in santa suits.

My torchey my torchey goodbye.

Absolutely perfect day out there, delightful breeze and warm early autumn sun, the sky early this morning was exceptionally blue. Oh my torchey, I will miss you sooo, but it is now time for the folk of western mass, those that inhabit the alpine slopes of the mighty Berkshires to pump there chest with pride as seasonable to cooler than normal weather finally filters into southern new england.

I will miss you torchey, the way you got under peoples skin even though its September, I will miss your warm sun kissing my dark skin, the way you make our lawns and gardens grow. Somehow torchey, you have altogether missed the Alpiniac lands known as Gods Country, for its been cool and crisp for months actually winter has never left the hinterlands.

I will miss the beach, the scantily clad co~eds, mini skirts and tube tops, eating outside, the smell of cooking cow filling the sweet humid air. I know, that you will once again show your face torchey, sometime mid month, but by that time you will have lost some of your fight oh oh oh torchey :( You will always be #2 behind dandy the dendrite, his dendritical deliciousness brings the most pleasure to my heart, even though it will be some time before he floats down from the heavens making music as he dances on the crisp fallen leaves, the sound only heard once a year.

Torchey your numbers will be impressive when they are added up tonight for the month of September, some will deny them, claim you never existed, but I know you did, thank you Torchey.....but now its time for football #~28 and hotties dressed in santa suits.

LOL...so how many libations does that make at this early hour?

LOL

LOL

Hey, Jay--how's it going? Did I hear right that you're injured? You guys are having a heck of a season so far--at least as far as the record goes..

On another topic, THE WORST WEATHER MOVIE EVER!!! It's called "Ice Age 2012". It's the worst. I'm watching it on Netflix streaming. Total crap but funny to see how crappy it is.

LOL...so how many libations does that make at this early hour?

Yeah right, 8 lawns, and two seed jobs, had to make up for a lot of lost time this week due to the rain, I enjoy having fun with the weather, hopefully my sarcastic sense of humor is understood during these incredibly BORING times in weather.

Shower, kids dinner, put them to bed, then it will be time for a Marg.

Yeah right, 8 lawns, and two seed jobs, had to make up for a lot of lost time this week due to the rain, I enjoy having fun with the weather, hopefully my sarcastic sense of humor is understood during these incredibly BORING times in weather.

Shower, kids dinner, put them to bed, then it will be time for a Marg.

Nice. This evening should be a beaut. Planning on doing similar....only no kids.

Congrats on your victory, beers on me at the next g2g, hopefully we can have one in ct so i dont have to drive 6 hours round trip and drinking in between.

Enjoy the evening it sure is nice out.

LOL don't worry about the beers...it's all in fun. Perhaps a shot of the delicious peat smoked scotch?

Seems like you've been working on that house up at 2k forever now. How big is that thing going to be?

My client owns a large parcel. We have several structures going on the property, main house, guest house, pool house etc,... Also we are building a large timber frame home on an adjacent property. We should be there for another 2 yrs at least.

During the ski season, even though the snow is absolutely fantastic, people stop coming up to ski after Feb vacation. I've always found it silly that just because the snow is gone from people's backyards, they assume that it's done for the season up in the hills too.

I find it ironic that soo many people, even here, have the same mentality.

"My leaves are still green with no sign of turning, so that must be the case everywhere!"

It is simply not true, and the fact that you guys are making fun of a few posters in GC who are just reporting what they see blows my mind. I've always known that there's a certain degree of IMBYism to most posts, but wow... try to be a little more informed before making accusations!

It is obvious that leaves change first in colder climates. For those of you who think that your climate is the same as GC, take a look at the foliage pics, they should speak for themselves!

Has it been warmer than normal up here in GC? Yeah, that's undisputed. Has it been a "torch?" I'm not sure because we don't have a set definition of what a torch is... I refer to a "torch" as a period in summer where it's "OMG hot, I don't want to go outside," and in winter it's a period of a few days where there's a few days of melting.

The spring and fall are transition times... it's obviously going to start out at one extreme and end in another.

August is hotter than Sept, which is warmer than Oct, which is warmer than Nov.

I always look at the period of the Big E for seasonal change.. It never fails, every year there are several "summerlike" days at the beginning of the fair, and it always ends with very cool, autumnal weather.

For me, splitting hairs over temps in sept/oct and march/apr is crazy.

Its ok Mike, they are unfortunate souls that don't live in our Nirvana. It'll be nice to post pics of our snow when they are still mowing their lawns.lol Also, thanks for your comments as they help to corroborate other GC residents accurate obs. Time to ski soon.

It's already been here Joe. 2 frosts in September with many cool days as well.

Nice. This evening should be a beaut. Planning on doing similar....only no kids.

Tick, tock, tick, tock.....

Hey, Jay--how's it going? Did I hear right that you're injured? You guys are having a heck of a season so far--at least as far as the record goes..

On another topic, THE WORST WEATHER MOVIE EVER!!! It's called "Ice Age 2012". It's the worst. I'm watching it on Netflix streaming. Total crap but funny to see how crappy it is.

I'm doing better now, thanks mike. I am on week two of my 4-6 months of recovery. Finally being able to sleep now at night. Shoulder is still sore and only in pain sometimes which is a big change. Had arthoscopic labrum surgery. Basically tore the posterior or back side of my shoulder. Shoulder came out of socket twice in one week and I knew something was up. It was overwhelming coming back after the week with my dad in hunt valley to all the makeup work and rehab. Its getting easier now.

Team has been unbelievable. Ambrose does a great job and the team is bought into everything. There is an outstanding chance tomorrow we give Maryland a game. Our transfers have been huge for us.

Hope everything is good with you!

I'm doing better now, thanks mike. I am on week two of my 4-6 months of recovery. Finally being able to sleep now at night. Shoulder is still sore and only in pain sometimes which is a big change. Had arthoscopic labrum surgery. Basically tore the posterior or back side of my shoulder. Shoulder came out of socket twice in one week and I knew something was up. It was overwhelming coming back after the week with my dad in hunt valley to all the makeup work and rehab. Its getting easier now.

Team has been unbelievable. Ambrose does a great job and the team is bought into everything. There is an outstanding chance tomorrow we give Maryland a game. Our transfers have been huge for us.

Hope everything is good with you!

Things are going well up here--just awaiting on the ice and snow (not very patiently, I might add).

We'll be coming down for parent's weekend in a couple weeks. Hope to say a hello in person.

I think these tsms will persist through the evening and then maybe fade to a band or two of heavy rain with its sights set on western areas and eastern/se NY state. Later on tonight and tomorrow morning, another band of rain may pivot up from the cell as low pressure develops. Very dynamic system coming up.

Archived