amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October Banter/ Disco

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, what a surprsie with that line. I though they wre all going to be to the south, but as I drove up out of Greenfield, I could see the flashes to the west, sw, and nw. Knew then that something was brewing. It was a tremendous light show with lots of nearby strikes. We substituted story hour with sitting in the family room with the lights out to enjoy the storm.

I think we had our best thunder and lightning of the year during the past two weeks. Also, I think we're now in our fourth or fifth flodd advisory in the last two days.Interstingly, the heaviest have passed, but still getting some nice flashes to the east and a few rumbles. Maybe I can get a rogue bolt of lightning to take out my shed. It's very heavily insured and my wife would like a garage.....

That look has TC up the coast written all over it.....

It is also a classic pattern for extremely warm departures with the heat coming over the top and the subtropical high well inland, lots of WNW downsloping winds with 850s of 12-16C. ECM and GFS have been very consistent in showing a very mild mid-October with a +EPO/GoA vortex and large-scale -PNA.

I haven't done as much posting about pattern analysis and model progs because my Internet connection makes it hard to load the Euro. Finally got to a bar to watch the Yankees ALDS game so I am taking advantage of their high-speed. Only getting like 300K on campus so hard to load stuff...

After seeing what it did to the tree in my backyard two weeks ago, I have a deep respect for lightning. Just get inside is my mantra.

No kidding. Ever since the pole in front of my place got hit back on June 9th....totally different respect. I still won't forget that sound. Similar to this.

It is also a classic pattern for extremely warm departures with the heat coming over the top and the subtropical high well inland, lots of WNW downsloping winds with 850s of 12-16C. ECM and GFS have been very consistent in showing a very mild mid-October with a +EPO/GoA vortex and large-scale -PNA.

I haven't done as much posting about pattern analysis and model progs because my Internet connection makes it hard to load the Euro. Finally got to a bar to watch the Yankees ALDS game so I am taking advantage of their high-speed. Only getting like 300K on campus so hard to load stuff...

Yeah you knew one of the drawbacks was connectivity......it's a small price to pay though for what you will get in snow :snowman:

Enjoy the game

Archived