• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter/ Disco

Baroclinic Zone

We had looked at a couple places in Petersham when we were coming back to Mass. Really nice town as long as you don't need food and don't commute to work. Actaully, there are a couple nice homes on main st. on the market. I think the general store was purchased in the last year or two and is up and running. When we lived in Worcester, we'd x-c ski up there at the Swift River Reservation. Great spot.

Yeah, Petersham and some of the other towns we play against (Hardwick, Barre, Oakham) are a bit off the beaten path. Which is good and bad for the reasons you state.

We have decent access to Rte 2 and to stores, hospitals, etc. Only 30-35 min or so to ORH. But I think those other towns are more interesting wrt history, land, etc.

Petersham had that old Inn (Nichewaug) that I guess is slated for demolition at some point. Very interesting building

nichewaug-inn-in-spring-john-burk.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pattern boarders on obscenely beautiful by any conception beyond the cut-off plague, and perhaps a brief backside cool shot that is questionable...

This ordeal this weekend has very little or no low level baroclinicity to work with, which is why there is less cohesive surface reflection for what is a fierce amount of wind energy rattling around in this 3 to 4 contoured, -1.5SD mid and upper level negative anomaly. If there were any frontal slopes at all to work with this thing would have stem-wound a bomb. Interestingly...as this system pivots N/NE after 48 hours, it does and we see western NF regions pounded by a much deeper surface reflection and associated cyclogenic-related output. Season's first snow for that region grows in probability..

Anyway, the backside of that drills a significant but brief cold to cool shot into the northeast NE area and down east of the Greens and into SNE ...east of the Berks.

Afterward it depends on the model of choice. I don't' see any outright reason to discount a given ECM or GFS solution (although I do suspect the ECM is a just a little too aggressive with the cool shot and its residence). The 12z GFS has returned with an extended period of neutral to above normal heights and virtually no cold fropas right out beyond D10 - this latter facet is hard to do in October! 565dm thickness under seemingly perpetual high pressure and DVM/compressional heating would be 74-76/52 type days and nights in dry for days on end.

I think many have suggested a warmer appeal to October anyway, so perhaps fitting.

I won't be able to do that. Probably will be more like 23. I typically do 8-9 minute miles on my long runs..so figure I can do a little better than that in 3.1 if I push. I'm not stopping at finish line though..Have to do 12 total today..so will run 9 more on the way home

Thats good though...Heck I can run 21 minutes and I'm in high school. There's 9 people on my team who can do a

5K under 19...and about 3 under 18

Yeah, Petersham and some of the other towns we play against (Hardwick, Barre, Oakham) are a bit off the beaten path. Which is good and bad for the reasons you state.

We have decent access to Rte 2 and to stores, hospitals, etc. Only 30-35 min or so to ORH. But I think those other towns are more interesting wrt history, land, etc.

Petersham had that old Inn (Nichewaug) that I guess is slated for demolition at some point. Very interesting building

Didn't realize they were going to tear it odwn. We drove through there a couple weeks back adn were pondering the fate of it.

OT: Playing UMaryland at 330pm on NESN

Awesome--I'll be watching.

Meanwhile, pouring rain all day so far in GC. Wiishing those cooler temps just to the north would slide down a bit.

Pit: 55*

DCA 50*

BWI 55*

something's wrong. :)

This is going to go down as one of the top 5 warmest autumns on record I'm afraid. This so much reminds me of 2006 or was it 2007? Just a neverending summer. Euro is wretched..absolutely nauseating in the extended. Wake me when it's November

??? Look at the Wunderground Euro for next week, awesome maps, 2 meter temps, Rh etc etc etc. hr 138 has an interesting look to it.

??? Look at the Wunderground Euro for next week, awesome maps, 2 meter temps, Rh etc etc etc. hr 138 has an interesting look to it.

a 1.5 day cooldwon that will slowly modify as we get closer just like this weekend's did doesn't do anything for me. I want extended below normal and cool..Not 1 day of cool and then torch again. We'll be doing leaves until Dec this year

a 1.5 day cooldwon that will slowly modify as we get closer just like this weekend's did doesn't do anything for me. I want extended below normal and cool..Not 1 day of cool and then torch again. We'll be doing leaves until Dec this year

LOL it is a step down process,no different than any other year.

Archived