12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
October Banter/ Disco

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we have been talking about a warmer than normal October, but this latest MJO pulse should be watched. It may....may act to serve to cool off the second half of October. We'll have to see how this progresses. It's an El Nino like pulse of convection in an otherwise La Nina base state.

Yes, heck of a way to run a Nina global circulation pattern, huh?

LOL, Taunton cancelled all soccer games today over less than 1/2" of rain.

Just got back from my daughter's U6 game played in monsoon conditions. Kids, coaches, parents all soaked but they still were playing all games.

My son's game isn't until 2PM (Petersham)... I guess in Taunton people melt?

Hill towns FTW...

Just got back from my daughter's U6 game played in monsoon conditions. Kids, coaches, parents all soaked but they still were playing all games.

My son's game isn't until 2PM (Petersham)... I guess in Taunton people melt?

Hill towns FTW...

We had looked at a couple places in Petersham when we were coming back to Mass. Really nice town as long as you don't need food and don't commute to work. Actaully, there are a couple nice homes on main st. on the market. I think the general store was purchased in the last year or two and is up and running. When we lived in Worcester, we'd x-c ski up there at the Swift River Reservation. Great spot.

Wasn't tonight and tomorrow supposed to have a nice coastal at one point?

I think models were bullish at one point. The other models do show low pressure to the se on Tuesday as well. Maybe the 12z runs continue it. Of course the NAM loves to spin up tight lows so take it fwiw.

Western Mass.

Fail.

Just for kicks, I did a look at the bios for the 22 and 40 weather folks. All four of the ones at 40 have met degrees. From what I could gather, I think only 1 of the channell 22 folks had a met degree. The rest (including Lappis) were communications majors--not to take anything away from any communications majors out there......

Fail.

Just for kicks, I did a look at the bios for the 22 and 40 weather folks. All four of the ones at 40 have met degrees. From what I could gather, I think only 1 of the channell 22 folks had a met degree. The rest (including Lappis) were communications majors--not to take anything away from any communications majors out there......

That is something you will see in small tv markets, sometimes they have just one met and the rest of the weather folks will just be rip and read a forcast from the met.

Fail.

I think Lapis, Bannin and Strzempko are all Mets at least they are announced as such.

Let it begin, snow in NC Mts c6e4c88f-2e33-20e8.jpg

Those mtns near 3k..maybe even down above 2k in PA are gonna see snow tonight..I think. JST might get close.

Nice!

Is that West Chesterfield?

Lol

That is something you will see in small tv markets, sometimes they have just one met and the rest of the weather folks will just be rip and read a forcast from the met.

Come on--Western Mass is the biggest media markets in Mass west of Worcester. :arrowhead:

I think Lapis, Bannin and Strzempko are all Mets at least they are announced as such.

Lappis: Brian has a Bachelor's degree in Television Radio Film Management from Syracuse University

Bannin: is a met--Cornell. Maybe Will knows him.

Stzyemko: says he "attended" Lyndon. Does't say he graduated.

Baylor: SUNY Albany: Broadcast Meterology (not sure exactly what the met extent is that, so I don't want to be downplay it).

Pouring rain continues.

Archived