joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter/ Disco

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scooter had a good call with this. That should make him feel better as he pumps his basement

Thanks man, basement is fine. I actually thought GC would get a little more and perhaps jackpot, but they will catch up to the rest as the moisture pivots over them. I thought there would be some convective elements and even Ryan mentioned this, but man this is nuts near Peabody.

Thanks man, basement is fine. I actually thought GC would get a little more, but they will catch up to the rest. I thought there would be some convective elements and even Ryan mentioned this, but man this is nuts near Peabody.

You still think so? I suppose if what's left of that killer band on the northshore loops over us we might, but I suspect it owuld loose much of it's intensity by the time it gets out this way.

Thanks man, basement is fine. I actually thought GC would get a little more and perhaps jackpot, but they will catch up to the rest as the moisture pivots over them. I thought there would be some convective elements and even Ryan mentioned this, but man this is nuts near Peabody.

Peabody delaying school

I'm off to RI in a few minutes

You still think so? I suppose if what's left of that killer band on the northshore loops over us we might, but I suspect it owuld loose much of it's intensity by the time it gets out this way.

Well everyone had a decent soaking, but you will probably have lighter rains/drizzle for a good chunk of the day. When I mean catch up, I mean to the values east and southeast of you. Not the prolific amounts back here.

looking at the LSR...Peabody got owned again.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT...SUMMARY

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA

704 AM EDT TUE OCT 04 2011

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

0510 AM HAIL LYNN 42.47N 70.96W

10/04/2011 M0.88 INCH ESSEX MA AMATEUR RADIO

NICKLE SIZED HAIL

0615 AM FLASH FLOOD SALEM 42.53N 70.87W

10/04/2011 ESSEX MA AMATEUR RADIO

HIGHLAND AVE CLOSED DUE TO FLOODING. 3 PEOPLE RESCUED

FROM VEHICLES

0615 AM FLOOD PEABODY 42.53N 70.97W

FOSTER STREET AND CROWNINSHIELD STREET CLOSED DUE TO

FLOODING

0615 AM FLOOD SALEM 42.53N 70.87W

MARLBORO ROAD CLOSED DUE TO FLOODING

0627 AM FLASH FLOOD PEABODY 42.53N 70.97W

TRASK LANE HAS VEHICLES STUCK IN WATER WITH PEOPLE

TRAPPED

0628 AM FLOOD PEABODY 42.53N 70.97W

PARTS OF ROUTE 128 IMPASSABLE DUE TO FLOODING

0628 AM FLOOD DANVERS 42.57N 70.95W

6 INCHES OF STANDING WATER ON SUMMER STREET AT ROUTE 62

Well everyone had a decent soaking, but you will probably have lighter rains/drizzle for a good chunk of the day. When I mean catch up, I mean to the values east and southeast of you. Not the prolific amounts back here.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm not convinced we'll be doing much--unless that band heading from the north shore toward nashua can rotate through. Either way, a bit chilly in the house today. Guess the stove is in order. Likely will keep it going the rest of the week.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm not convinced we'll be doing much--unless that band heading from the north shore toward nashua can rotate through. Either way, a bit chilly in the house today. Guess the stove is in order. Likely will keep it going the rest of the week.

Just some lighter rain and drizzle. Nothing crazy. The convective aspect certainly worked out here, but that one band is completely stalled..or just moving very slow to the northeast. It may even stop moving ne as the ULL starts to rotate underneath and pull the band more east to west, but it may weaken too.

5.47" for Swampscott.

While we were above 60 dbz...I'm thinking we were above 5"/hr rate. I saw no hail...but people just north of me, by a mile or so, are telling me they saw some. Raindrops got so large that it was nearly impossible to tell the difference between rain and pea sized hail anyways

Archived