amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October Banter/ Disco

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Life Magazine had done a pictorial many years ago on the great trees of the U.S. They had included in it one of the largest maples in the country which is around the corner from here at the Parson Hubbard House, the home of a really nice elderly couple that befriended us when we moved here. I just googled for the magazine which came up empty. Next time I walk down there, I'll snap a picture of it. Really impressive.

What do you think the chances of places like EWR hitting 90F are with the heat wave? Any outside shot even though it's October?

I suppose its possible. We have like +16C at 850...if the wind component is right, someone could torch that warm, but I probably wouldn't forecast that for EWR.

Could see the CT shoreline getting a good amount of rain with maybe some thunder/lightning too with some very weak instability present. Nice area of moisture convergence setting up along the coast. Some weak instability present too and with cooling ML temps and steepening ML lapse rates could see some more elevated instability develop enhancing potential for heavier downpours and perhaps a few rumbles of thunder and lightning.

Just spent the last half hour draining water away from my basement window. I have never seen rain that heavy last for so long. It was like a 2 mile wide convergence band. Radar estimates won't be right...had to be at least 2" in that half hour, if not less than half hour. Literally white out rains for 20 minutes. First time I was ever nervous for water rising into my place from street and yard.

Just spent the last half hour draining water away from my basement window. I have never seen rain that heavy last for so long. It was like a 2 mile wide convergence band. Radar estimates won't be right...had to be at least 2" in that half hour, if not less than half hour. Literally white out rains for 20 minutes. First time I was ever nervous for water rising into my place from street and yard.

I have heard it all night in Lynn...in it now.

Archived