wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
October Banter/ Disco

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol you wouldn't have done that well given the setup. An inverted trough that's crushing New Haven and Middletown wouldn't have you jackpotting

I was under the impression the focus of the extreme rates was the nearly stationary thermoclinic CF where temps were single digits on one side and 30s on the other.

The official snowfall measuremenet for Hartford was a mere 19 inches, but that was taken at Trinity College, where the howling winds of the Blizzard of 1888 were hurling the snow down to Broad Street. Unofficial, and probably more accurate, measurements for this city were 36. Middletown got 50 inches, Marlborough 48, New Hartford 42.

Where did they measure, under a tree?

Unless it was out in the fields somewhere there are trees all over Trinity.

I was under the impression the focus of the extreme rates was the nearly stationary thermoclinic CF where temps were single digits on one side and 30s on the other.

Yeah it was a very strong inverted trough that just crushed the I-91 corridor with wild rates of snow

Just had a presentation on this. The guy said 85% of NH trees were all cleared/burned back in the 1700s. At one time there was more than 500,000 sheep in NH at one time.

Jesus.

There were a good chunk destroyed too during the '38 hurricane. Actually as of as even like 5 years ago they were still pulling trees out of some of the lakes in VT/NH there were dumped there b/c they had no where else to put them!

Archived