gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
October Banter/ Disco

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna love a beautiful Columbus day weekend. Great to see first snows happening, tropical season winding down, expect a strong hybrid to rake the SE while we have a top ten weekend. Winding down towards a great winter full of snow, ice, cold winds, bitter wind chills, skiing, skating, snowthrowing, building forts for the grandkids, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, all the things you can not do sitting in an apartment staring out the window in a city.

i want to hug you

1-2" over ENE tonight you think?

2" might be overdoing it. Maybe 1" in spots. This may be something where the dryslot races in pretty quick to cutdown totals. Models sometimes have trouble with lows developing pretty far offshore though. I don't really see this as a big hydro deal.

Thurs night looks really cold across the region. Actually Wed night could be really cold too but Thurs night looks a bit colder.

I welcome it. While mild Octobers are nice, those cool crisp nights are welcomed. BTW, it's been really cold across ne Siberia. Station UHMM got down to 1F..lol.

MEX going 72F at ORH for both Sat and Sun...which is quite impressive this far out.

I feel like that is easily 80s in the lower elevations. Classic warmth signal. I haven't looked at soundings to see if there is an inversion, but nw flow and downsloping with those 850 temps signal warm. Joe will call for 96F.

I welcome it. While mild Octobers are nice, those cool crisp nights are welcomed. BTW, it's been really cold across ne Siberia. Station UHMM got down to 1F..lol.

That whole region has gone into the freezer the last week or so. I'm quite content with letting the cold build up there at this time of the year. It looks like ensembles are calling for a predominately +NAO through mid month.

Archived