• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
October Banter/ Disco

Baroclinic Zone

This storm tonight reminds me of last winter. a south of pike special. Look where that slug of hvy hvy rain is aimed

Hard to believe we're gonna get another 1-3 inches of rain tonight. the ground is so saturated. This year is gonna smash the all time yearly precip record at BDL.

8-10 basically dry days?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This storm tonight reminds me of last winter. a south of pike special. Look where that slug of hvy hvy rain is aimed

Hard to believe we're gonna get another 1-3 inches of rain tonight. the ground is so saturated. This year is gonna smash the all time yearly precip record at BDL.

Looks like some that heavy rain may rotate right through gc~ast (as scot thought)

Those Norluns were sick, bad JUJU on your part here, you might upset your god.

Nah, we're tight. My friend just left to go back to AK. He'll be skiing Wednesday. Might meet up in BC just after T-day if the snow is good. Only a few weeks and the new season starts for me, one way or another.

Nah, we're tight. My friend just left to go back to AK. He'll be skiing Wednesday. Might meet up in BC just after T-day if the snow is good. Only a few weeks and the new season starts for me, one way or another.

Whats year is your lowest snow total since you've been keeping snow totals?

Yea theres an inverted trough there but I think CT dry slots. Most of the models focus heavy precip into ENE

Well I don't think CT technically dry slots but it does appear as if the heavier and more steadier rainfall will setup across eastern sections of New England. Excellent ML and UL jet punching right into the area with a solid 60-80 kt MLJ and 100-110 kt ULJ! Inverted trough over CT will really help to draw in some moisture into the state here and there is still some really decent ML/UL jet dynamics over CT, although the nose of the jets and jet streak is to our east. Should get enhancement too from NE side of the low.

That BDL number is bogus according to the book, the pics from HFD are sick.

The official snowfall measuremenet for Hartford was a mere 19 inches, but that was taken at Trinity College, where the howling winds of the Blizzard of 1888 were hurling the snow down to Broad Street. Unofficial, and probably more accurate, measurements for this city were 36. Middletown got 50 inches, Marlborough 48, New Hartford 42.

Archived