bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
October Banter/ Disco

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope we don't balance out this extended stretch of extreme water in WNE with climo leading us into a dry winter pattern.

I was actually kind of thinking that I wouldn't mind a winter with less than average precip totals. Keep it cold but keep it on the dry side I say. Other than a few dry spells here and there, we've had copious precip in all forms for several years now and there's some serious fungus, algae and lichen growing on pretty much everything. A nice cold, dry winter would knock that stuff down a peg or two. I swear I'm watching my deck rot before my very eyes...and yet can't do anything about it as it never drys out completely.

A winter full of sloppy SWFEs is not appealing to me at the moment. We always get peppered pretty good here with those too...

a few weeks earlier and we'd be talking about 90 this weekend

Gonna love a beautiful Columbus day weekend. Great to see first snows happening, tropical season winding down, expect a strong hybrid to rake the SE while we have a top ten weekend. Winding down towards a great winter full of snow, ice, cold winds, bitter wind chills, skiing, skating, snowthrowing, building forts for the grandkids, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, all the things you can not do sitting in an apartment staring out the window in a city.

I was looking at 48 hour totals and it looked pretty uniform for most of Mass.

It might be something where eastern mass gets a brief narrow band of +RA and you guys rack up lighter rains for longer duration, but I think you through ORH and into CT probably get the most. If the NAM is right, it's way to the east, but I kind of like the GFS for now. We'll see about the euro.

How hot is hot

Well it will be very mild for a few days, but then a high builds in with ne flow, so that will temper things down a bit. Sunday looks very mild, Monday mild in the interior. After that, we'll have to see how much moisture and ne winds come into the picture by mid next week. I mentioned a few days ago, that mid month may be wet...and it might be with some sort of tropical moisture maybe moving up the coast. That's way out there though.

Well it will be very mild for a few days, but then a high builds in with ne flow, so that will temper things down a bit. Sunday looks very mild, Monday mild in the interior. After that, we'll have to see how much moisture and ne winds come into the picture by mid next week. I mentioned a few days ago, that mid month may be wet...and it might be with some sort of tropical moisture maybe moving up the coast. That's way out there though.

Wll be mowing this year until Thanksgiving with green grass. Even in GC

It will be interesting to see how this rain develops tonight. The Euro doesn't really get the CCB going sort of like the NAM. The heaviest stays over eastern areas associated with the QG forcing that develops around BOS as the jet streak develops just offshore.

I think the eastern area +RA is a good bet... I guess it will depend on how fast the 700/850 low develops for areas like NYC/CT/GC.

It will be interesting to see how this rain develops tonight. The Euro doesn't really get the CCB going sort of like the NAM. The heaviest stays over eastern areas associated with the QG forcing that develops around BOS as the jet streak develops just offshore.

I think the eastern area +RA is a good bet... I guess it will depend on how fast the 700/850 low develops for areas like NYC/CT/GC.

Would be a tough winter forecast for you. I saw your FB post, how heavy?

Yeah still some discrepancy with that. I can see both sides. The ULL makes me think areas west get some decent rains, but the good QG stuff is east. Euro still likes some wrap around which is not necessarily modeled in QPF.

LOL, such a stupid storm to fuss about, but my NYC forecast is more dependent on this stuff, than BOS.

I hope you are correct. We don't need a drop of water out here for the foreseeable future.

Archived